cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upload background to SX10 via XMLAPI ce9.15

Branker
Level 1
Level 1

First off, yes I know sx10's are old and yes we are trying to get rid of them.

Anyways I have 50+ that I need to upload custom backgrounds to but it looks like the "xcommand userinterface branding" isnt support on the sx10's. Does anyone know away of updating these without the need to upload it to each one?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You are correct - the SX10 is too old and basic to have this functionality, so there is no way to do it other than individually via their web interface.

You could possibly automate it partly with something like AutoIT, but when considering the amount of time you'd probably invest in setting it up and configuring it to do what you want, it'd probably be just as quick to do it manually.

Wayne
--
Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You are correct - the SX10 is too old and basic to have this functionality, so there is no way to do it other than individually via their web interface.

You could possibly automate it partly with something like AutoIT, but when considering the amount of time you'd probably invest in setting it up and configuring it to do what you want, it'd probably be just as quick to do it manually.

Wayne
--
Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

I get that branding wouldn't be supported on this device, but don't understand why uploading a custom background via the xmlapi isn't available since you can do it through the web browser. Is it not basically the same method of transport? It seems like laziness on Cisco's side due to not wanting to support this device because it is almost E-O-S.

Guess it is what it is....

Thanks for you reply!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: