Views
Helpful
Replies

URI dialing to external domain not working

achilles1417
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I try to test URL dialing from Jabber which registered in my CUCM to external partner company (uc.ABC.com) Jabber device.

I create a sip router pattern on CUCM, for example: uc.ABC.com

And also match this sip route pattern to SIP trunk that point to my expressway C

My partner Jabber with RUI: 2222@uc.ABC.com.

When I dial 2222@uc.ABC.com, just listen busy tone, and no call record find at expressway C.

I try to use route plan report to check, i found if I enter 2222@uc.ABC.com, no route pattern match.

But if i enter c.ABC.com and it can find my created sip route pattern.

May I know if there are any mistake or missing in my configuration?

Thanks

8 Replies 8

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I'm assuming you already enabled URI dialing in Jabber correct??

Checked all CSS and partitions??

Do you see the call attempts in the network log??

And you have properly configured both, EXP-C and EXP-E for B2B calling??

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi Jaime,

Jabber URI dailing is enabled.

CSS and partition is checked and not found problem.

My SIP route pattern is as following:

"uc.ABC.com" (Domain routing)

I try to use "Route Plan Report" in CUCM to check it, If I enter uc.ABC.com in "Route Plan Report", it would show the SIP trunk that point to expressway C.

But I enter 2222@uc.ABC.com, no entry can show.

So, i don's know whether the SIP route pattern is wrong or any mistake on it.

Thanks

What about the other 2 questions??

HTH

java

Hi Jaime,

Checked on Expressway C, I found some related log:

tvcs: UTCTime="2016-04-27 17:37:35,555" Module="network.sip" Level="INFO": Action="Received" Local-ip="10.10.180.240" Local-port="5060" Src-ip="10.10.180.251" Src-port="37921" Detail="Receive Request Method=ACK, CSeq=101, Request-URI=sip:2222@uc.ABC.com, Call-ID=b9005f00-7201f8df-3b77-fbbcff0a@10.10.180.251, From-Tag=31375~79c1311b-7901-fb25-b8d0-1d4c5f018f3d-37689193, To-Tag=c5677e4c45f62025, Msg-Hash=11923750660241290607

But no call history expressway C. 

On your last question, in fact, I am doing the expressway B2B setting now but found busy tone issue. I doubt the CUCM originally, but now maybe I focus on expressway setting.

Thank you Jaime.

Well, it's clear it's making it as far as EXP-C, but it's probably you're lacking configuration on both EXPs to make B2B calls, look for the same on EXP-E, if you don't see it there, focus on your dial plan on EXP-C to pass the call over to E, then your DNS zones.

HTH

java

Hi Jaime,

Thank you for your sharing.

When I try to call. expressway C raise a alarm "you have reached your license limit of 0 concurrent traversal call license".

I think this is due to miss the Rich Media license.

Anyway, thank you so much for the help. 

Yes, you need Rich Media licenses for B2B calls, I assumed you had all you needed regarding licenses, you need to have the same number of licenses on EXP-C and EXP-E

HTH

java

Hi Jaime,

Well noted. Thank you so much for your help.