Views
Helpful
Replies

USB-RS232 with Room Kit Plus

Laszlo Olah
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Since the network limitation we have to control our Room Kit Plus by serial port.

To connect the RMC3 to the codec we use Aten UC232A adapter and setup the serial by the followings:

- 115200/8/1

- no auth required

The Crestron engineer informed me that there is no signal from/to the adapter.

Please write some idea, how can I make sure that the RS232-USB adapter working properly with the Codec Plus.

Thanks,

Laszlo

2 Replies 2

Patrick McCarthy
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What software version are you running on the RK+? This has been supported for quite some time - since CE9.2.1. This is from page 136 in the release notes:

For third party integrations, you can connect a USB (Type A) to serial (D-sub 9) adapter to support, for example a Crestron panel. Most USB to serial should work but Cisco recommends the UC232R-10 USB to RS232 (FTDI) adapter for the most tested and stable serial connection.

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/endpoint/software/ce9/release-notes/ce-software-release-notes-ce9.pdf

Thank you for your response.

The RK is running on the latest greatest and I as far as I know the Aten uses FTDI.

Is there any way to get some feedback from Cisco side to make sure is it working or not?

Thanks,

Laszlo