cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Use Tandberg (Cisco) Precision HD TTC8-01 camera control using software? Cable Options?

eendlich73
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

is it possible to control a Tandberg (Cisco) Precision HD TTC8-01 Camera by sending VISCA Controls

using a software controller like this :

http://www.rocosoft.com/ptz-control-products/broadcasting-ptz-camera-controller-software/ptz-controller-ptzjoy

If so, what kind of cable could I use? Would a

"USB to RS232 Serial to RJ45 CAT5 Console Adapter Cable for Cisco Routers" like this

http://www.ebay.de/itm/USB-to-RS232-Serial-to-RJ45-CAT5-Console-Adapter-Cable-for-Cisco-Routers-FTDI-/111485387687?hash=item19f50c03a7:g:y2QAAOSwIrNWFNDZ

do the job? Since I really need a solution for an upcoming event, I would appreciate any suggestions if this would work.

Thanks very much in advance! All the best! Ellen

5 Replies 5

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

It might be possible, refer to the PrecisionHD Camera User Guide, it goes over the VISCA protocols that the cameras use.

Thank you, Patrick!

Cheers eendlich73,

Were you able to successfully control the camera via a third party software, or interface? I'm having the same goal except I will be using a ttc8-02 12x model. I had made a RJ45 to DB9 cable that didn't yield any results. I had even spliced a camera control cable and traced each wire. Any feedback would be highly appreciated.

TRC_4-RemoteControl.jpgCamera_Collection.jpgHDMI-USB_adapter.jpg

I am happy to see that the thread lives on.
I am looking to repurpose Cisco cameras including ttc8-02 and ttc8-01. I have had some success with ttc-02 using a Cisco TRC4 Remote control, providing PTZ and focus functions.  The TRC4 does not work standalone on the ttc8-01 cameras, it seems. I cannot find any of the older remote controls (TRC 3), and I suspect that the older cameras used a different set of IR-commands, or the steering went through the codec.
My target activity is a board meeting in an international organization at a hotel venue at the end of the month, although some members may participate remotely from other parts of the world. The conferencing platform will be Skype for Business with a PC client. I am also repurposing audio Tech, including Audio Technica boundary microphones that came with the Tandberg/Cisco units. We only used those microphones on a single roll around unit.
I believe it may be possible to pull this off without extra outlays of taxpayer money. I need to keep operations simple, so an app and interfaces to send IR-codes or RS232 commands is impractical (and beyond my competence).
I now have two rrc8-02 cameras that will work with TRC4's, and an HDMI-switcher will complete a 2-camera setup. I have not tested the switch yet. First I have to find it in my garage. I will follow here, and hope to hear about ----a01's exploits and successes.

@JohnVaGreen So you have camera standalone and are able to use the remote to control PTZ commands? I have a TTC8-01 that I am trying to do a similar setup with.