Views
Helpful
Replies

VCS admin access session timeouts

howalowe
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have been asked if there are any VCS performance issues if the admin access session is set to zero or, for example 30 mins.

I know this seems like a silly question as it should absolutely not affect the VCS performance, however can someone please confirm this? Also, will the amount of connected admin users have an adverse affect on the VCS? Again I guess not as the default is not limited, but confirmation would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

Howard

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Saurabh Gupta
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Howard,

As far as I know, the number of admin sessions and admin logout session , doesn't affect the VCS performance much. However, please keep in mind that it certainly affects the VCS performance if the number of VCS admin sessions are greater >5  as VCS has to respond to all the commands and requests by the VCS admin sessions.

So it is advisable to set the timeout session anything between 15-30 mins , so VCS kicks out the idle admin sessions and keep VCS resources free.

Hope that answers your queries.  Feel free to rate this answer accordingly.

Thanks,

Saurabh

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Saurabh Gupta
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Howard,

As far as I know, the number of admin sessions and admin logout session , doesn't affect the VCS performance much. However, please keep in mind that it certainly affects the VCS performance if the number of VCS admin sessions are greater >5  as VCS has to respond to all the commands and requests by the VCS admin sessions.

So it is advisable to set the timeout session anything between 15-30 mins , so VCS kicks out the idle admin sessions and keep VCS resources free.

Hope that answers your queries.  Feel free to rate this answer accordingly.

Thanks,

Saurabh

Hi Saurabh,

Many thanks indeed for providing this information.

Kind regards,

Howard

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: