Helpful
Replies

VCS and CUCM integration

sherif.elella
Level 1
Level 1

hi,

VCS:

- I setup a neighbor zone to CUCM, with no transformations, and a search rule that points all calls to that zone.

- I also disabled H323, and am only working with SIP

- I have successfully ran SIP Video calls between all endpoints registered locally.

- I have successfully ran SIP calls between Cisco Videos phone and Tandberg (Tandberg is the caller here)

(If I pick up with a jabber client, I see video, if I pick up with cisco 7980 series Video phone, there is no video)

- I have a transformation to remove any XXX@<ip address> and replace it with XXX@domain. Regex: (.*)@10.10.9.106(.*) replace with \1@domain

CUCM:

- I have setup a SIP trunk according to the guide for Tandberg x7.2 (the desitination address is the ip of the VCS)

- it works, because when I change the CSS of inbound calls, the Tandberg calling space changes.

- I have a route pattern pointing to that trunk for the phones on the call managers side.

- the calls are always dropped, with I check the sip flow through wireshark, I get code 482 loop detected

- I have setup a MGRL with no MTP and set it to the phones, as I understand the phones on cisco must not have a MTP to use for video calls.

what am I missing?? or what can I look for?

also,

what is the difference between traversal zones and non traversal zones on the vcs?? I tried to understand it, but I don't get it. calls from the vcs are always on non-traversal subzones.

thank you.

1 Reply 1

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Have you followed the VCS and CUCM Deployment Guide (CUCM 8,9,10,11 and X8.7) as well as the VCS Basic Configuration (Single VCS Control) Deployment Guide (X8.7)?

On the VCS, does the SIP trunk have a lower priority than the LocalZone search rules?  Loop detected means the call is being routed back to the source that it came from, usually the search rule priority is wrong or the calling endpoint can't be found.  Refer to the "Call Loop Detection Mode" section in the VCS Admin Guide on pg 211.  Also, take a look at the "About Zones" section in the admin guide starting on pg 138 to understand the meaning of the different types of zones.