Views
Helpful
Replies

VCS and Lync Integration

hgraniteworks
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

I was wondering if you could help. I have been tasked with researching the prerequisites to integrate our VC infrastructure with micrsoft lync. We currently have two vcs controllers with the following option keys. What is easiest and most effective way to integrate our vcsc with lync without any other dedicated hardware or optione keys.

X5.2

100 Non-traversal Calls, 100 Traversal Calls, 2500 Registrations, Encryption, Interworking, FindMe, Device Provisioning.

X7.1

10 Non Traversal Calls, 100 Traversal Calls, 2500 Registrations, Encryption, Interworking, Device Provisioning.

Thanks in advance

1 Reply 1

Alok Jaiswal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Shazad,

First thing is you should upgrade the x5.2 to x7.x version and use the B2BUA functionality on the VCS for the integration

Another thing is since you don't have the enchanced collboration key on the VCS i would keep the encryption as AUTO on the lync side.

One important thing for Lync intergation is that whether you want to use the same domain on VCS infrastructure as your Lync. If you have a findme otion key then you can use the same domain, but on one of the VCS you don't have the findme option key and hence its recomended you use a different sip domain on the other VCS.

Also find me enables you get the presence information properly on the Lync client for the video infrastructure and its recomended to use findme option key for the presence to route properly from video domain to Lync clients.

Thnx

Alok