Views
Helpful
Replies

VCS-C cluster with VCS-E cluster

George Thomas
Level 10
Level 10

Hello,

I have a VCS-C cluster and a VCS-E cluster. Once VCS-C/VCS-E is at a location and the second VCS-C/VCS-E is at a different location. What is recommended practice for traversal zone creation - is it multiple traversal zones or multiple peer address in the same traversal zone.

Thanks!

Please rate useful posts.
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Alok Jaiswal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

George,

a multiple peer would be the right approach. but you need to consider opening ports between control and expressway for both the servers. 

regards

Alok

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Alok Jaiswal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

George,

a multiple peer would be the right approach. but you need to consider opening ports between control and expressway for both the servers. 

regards

Alok

Thanks Alok. I have ports opened for both servers.
Please rate useful posts.

Hello,

Could you please provide more details about this configuration.

My configuration is the following :

VCS & Expressway v8.1

1 VCS Cluster 172.x.x.1 and 172.x.x.2

1 Expressway Cluster 212.x.x.1 and 212.x.x.2

I have one traversal zone on the master VCS, I did specified 2 peers 212.x.x.1 and 212.x.x.2

Watching the Expressway master I can see four connections  (2 for H.323 and 2 for SIP).

Is it the right way to proceed ?

I did notice as well an issue

Everything seems to work fine using TCP, but some calls are stuck on the Expressway using UDP.

What could you recommand ? Create a second traversal zone H.323 only with a search rule to force internetworking for SIP using this traversal ?

Thanks

Hi,

It looks like you've added public interfaces of the VCS Expressways to the VCS Control. I'm not sure if this is going to work.

You should have 2 interfaces enabled on the Expressways, one on a private LAN and one the WAN side. 

On the master VCS, you should add peers' private IP addresses, not public IPs. When the traversal zone is configured properly, H323 and SIP calls go through properly and you shouldn't need to create another traversal zone.

Hello,

The Expressway cluster is in a public DMZ using one interface, the VCS cluster is in a private range. I got one traversal zone with 2 peers on the VCS to join Expressway.

I've noticed only few issues using SIP UDP. I'm investigating.

Is there anyway to force external H.323 calls to SIP (interworking) in order to join a bridge (TS) ?

Kristof-1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Just to confirm. One traversal zone with multiple peers works fine.