Views
Helpful
Replies

VCS-C CME7.1 SIP integration

lincun-qian
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

We have a working VCS-C/VCS-E environment with C60s registered to VCS-C, we also have a CME7.1. Can we get VCS-C integrate with CME to allow C60 to make/receive voice call only to/from PSTN via CME? This idea came from a known solution VCS-C/CUCM SIP integration.

No luck after searching.

Appreciate any comments.

Regards,

Lincun

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Alok Jaiswal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Lincun,

Yes, that should work. I don't see any reason for this solution not to work!!!

I have seen the deployment where customer use Cisco 2821 VGW routers implemented with CUCM deployment for PSTN calls by implementing SIP trunk between VCS and CUCM.

So you can use implement the SIP trunk between VCS-C and CME and foward the calls to necessary dial-peers.

check the below link for setting the SIP trunk with CME.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps4625/products_configuration_example09186a00808f9666.shtml

Also check the VCS-CUCM deployment guide

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/vcs/config_guide/Cisco_VCS_and_CUCM_Deployment_Guide_CUCM_6-1_7_8_and_X7-1.pdf

From VCS side you need to replace the CUCM stuff with your CME ip-address.

Since you have CME 7.1 then you need to take care of BFCP thing from VCS side.

Also please note that since you have a VCS-C/VCS-E deployment you need to secure the expressway as well for toll fraud via your CME router.

I know there is no documentation for this type of deployment but it should work.

Thanks

Alok

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Alok Jaiswal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Lincun,

Yes, that should work. I don't see any reason for this solution not to work!!!

I have seen the deployment where customer use Cisco 2821 VGW routers implemented with CUCM deployment for PSTN calls by implementing SIP trunk between VCS and CUCM.

So you can use implement the SIP trunk between VCS-C and CME and foward the calls to necessary dial-peers.

check the below link for setting the SIP trunk with CME.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps4625/products_configuration_example09186a00808f9666.shtml

Also check the VCS-CUCM deployment guide

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/vcs/config_guide/Cisco_VCS_and_CUCM_Deployment_Guide_CUCM_6-1_7_8_and_X7-1.pdf

From VCS side you need to replace the CUCM stuff with your CME ip-address.

Since you have CME 7.1 then you need to take care of BFCP thing from VCS side.

Also please note that since you have a VCS-C/VCS-E deployment you need to secure the expressway as well for toll fraud via your CME router.

I know there is no documentation for this type of deployment but it should work.

Thanks

Alok

Hi Alok,

Much appreciate your help on this.

Regards,

Lincun

Thanks Lincun for the feedback.

Try the options and if you run into issue then do post here. We will try to fix fix that.

Thanks

Alok

Hi Alok,

I have setup GNS3 and get my laptop connected to VCS-C. Attached are configuration from CME router and debug ccsip all.

Could you please have a look at the config? To be honest, no experience with SIP.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Lincun

Hi Lincun,

I looked at the logs attached, and they do not show any calls. Did you attempt to place a call from the VCS to the CME while you were gathering the logs? If so, then you will need to review the search rules on the VCS to find out why the call is not being sent to the CME.

Thanks,

Paul

Hi Lincun,

Paul is right. We do not see any calls in logs.

Its always good to open a TAC case for better log analysis and faster resolution of issue.

Just to let you know i do see the SIP options flowing between VCS and CME so this seems OK and trunk should be active.

Now important to know is the call direction. Which way the call is made ??because the devug voip ccapi inout should give lot of information.

Thanks

Alok

Hi Paul and Alok,

I was on leave for last a couple of days. There was no calls from the logs I uploaded as you pointed.

After changing the Zone profile to "Infrastructure device" under Neigbour Zone configuration, I was able to make calls from CME to VCS-C. calls from VCS-C to CME I got one way voice - CME phone can not hear video endpoint - everything in the same subnet and connected to same switch. I am hoping to specify calls initiate from VCS-C as voice call only, but do not know if that is possible.

Thanks & regards,

Lincun

zeuscyril
Level 4
Level 4

hi alok,

i have 2901 with lateest IOS and i registered the Cisco Video phones in CME,

i have VCS also and registered with some TP clients.

will it possible the SIP trunk pass the video call between VCS and CME.

thanks

cyril

cralvara
Level 6
Level 6

Hello,

Would this scenario will work for a third-party system? I have a partner that wants to integrate CME with a Polycom HDX 7001 through a SIP trunk. Will it work? What licensing is needed?

Thank you for help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: