cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VCS-C connects to VCS-E from one node from cluster and not the other

Gregory Brunn
Spotlight
Spotlight

Got an interesting situation where endpoints are registered a two VCS part of a cluster. Endpoints on one VCS can all out the expressway zone just fine however endpoints pointing to the other VCS can't search outbound because they see the expressway zone as being down. If I click on zone I see both SIP and H.323 as not down and the server saying it can't contact the expressway server over ports 7001 and 6001.  I am predicting a firewall issue. 

Anyone experience something similar.  Also I find it interesting that the 1 VCS that is down can't relay traffic to the other VCS like a routelist would do in CUCM.  Anyone shed any insight on this?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The issue ended up being a routing one fixed it yesterday.  The question is more of if I have a zone towards expressway up on one VCS-C server and down on another why isn't signaling traffic rerouted to that up zone. They are clustered.  Think I need something like a run on all active nodes setting here.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Hi,

It would be helpful if you can take a tcpdump from non-working VCS-C. Probably this is a firewall issue.

For the second query, if one VCS node in a cluster is down, all registration will move to another node and calls will work from other nodes without any issue.  Active calls on a VCS node that goes down will disconnect.  (I hope I understood your query correctly).

Thanks,

Amlesh

The issue ended up being a routing one fixed it yesterday.  The question is more of if I have a zone towards expressway up on one VCS-C server and down on another why isn't signaling traffic rerouted to that up zone. They are clustered.  Think I need something like a run on all active nodes setting here.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: