Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VCS-C MS Lync 2013 Integration

Hi..

We have to integrate VCS-C with MS Lync 2013 this is new for  me.

Can anyone suggest on the pre requisite required to do the integration.

In this scenario we have video endpoints register to CUCM and VCS-C will be used for the Lync Integration.

How we can set up the communication between CUCM registered endpoints and LYNC users.

Regards

9 Replies 9

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The product documentation is your best resource for this. For example, here is a guide specific to this integration with x8.8: http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/expressway/config_guide/X8-8/Cisco-Expressway-SIP-Broker-Deployment-Guide-X8-8.pdf

The Pn-Demand Library from Cisco Live also has a few good sessions on the topic:

https://www.ciscolive.com/online/connect/sessionDetail.ww?SESSION_ID=90703

https://www.ciscolive.com/online/connect/sessionDetail.ww?SESSION_ID=90704

Hi..

We have set up the communication between Gateway VCS and Lync server.

Can we have the presence status of endpoints registered on CUCM on Lync client.

Regards...

Take a look at the Expressway and Microsoft Infrastructure Deployment Guide (X8.8) on pgs 44 and 59.  Even though you're using a VCS as the Lync Gateway, you're using CUCM for call control, so you will need to go by the Expressway guide since it's CUCM based, as the VCS guide is meant for the VCS to be use for call control.  For VCS registered endpoints, refer to the VCS and Microsoft Infrastructure Deployment Guide (X8.8) on pg 36.

Hi.Patrick,

We followed the guide for expressway but couldn't through.

After following the guide we were trying to call from Lync to Video endpoint but while searching on the Lync site for endpoint it was showing searching for presence and lync gets logout automatically.

I ran into a login/logout issue on the Microsoft side once, I think it was related to a bad search rule on the VCS/Expressway causing a loop.

EDIT: Actually our login/logout issue wasn't related to a search rule, but the authentication settings on one of the neighbor zones, but I don't recall which zone.

Hi..Patrick,

We have followed the guide and configured the Lync setup with gateway VCS and its working fine internally.

Now we are trying the Video calls from internet Lync user calling in to the CM registered endpoints. In this situation call gets connected for few seconds that too without video.

Please suggest any way out of this.

I ran into a similar issue myself, it was related to TURN where the candidates couldn't connect so the call is dropped.  Should take SIP debug traces on both the Cisco and Microsoft side to see what TURN candidates are being offered and which is chosen, then determine why there is a connection issue.

Muhamad Rois S
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Vikas,

What version do you have for VCS C?

Hi..Muhamad We will be deploying the latest version of VCS C.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: