cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VCS-C & VCS-E NAT and media flows

gfolens
Level 4
Level 4

We have changed the firewall between VCS-C & VCS-E and are now using NAT.

VCS-C has internal address: 10.1.99.33

VCS-E has DMZ address: 10.0.1.67 and NAT (public) address is: 194.187.114.13

My external endpoint IP is: 192.68.151.82

I've started TCPDUMP on both VCS-C & VCS-E.

The call from external to an internal endpoint is correctly setup. But I've no audio & video in both directions.

On the VCS-C  I see RTP stream from internal endpoint to VCS-C

and a RTP from VCS-C to NAT (public) address of VCS-E ! Why is this not the DMZ address of the VCS-E.

On the VCS-E I see RTP stream from my public endpoint to DMZ IP of VCS-E. But I do not see any RTP stream (or other streams) between VCS-E and VCS-C...

I've double checked all settings.

Traversal zone is defined with DMZ IP of VCS-E and is active in Assent for both SIP & H.323.

This VCS-C VCS-E was working fine before. The VCS-E was then using only a public IP without NAT.

The Dual NEtwork license is used and LAN1 interface is set to External with NAT active and IP correctly set.

Both VCS-C & VCS-E are running X6.1.

The FW guys do not see any lost packets.

Any ideas?

4 Replies 4

Tomonori Taniguchi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

For single interface with NAT configuration deployment method (VCS-E), VCS-C must configure traversal link between VCS-E NAT (public) IP address not DMZ IP address.

Please note VCS-E will return call setup signal with NAT (public) IP address.

If FW doesn’t support LAN->WAN IP address->DMZ, then you should enable 2nd interface on your VCS-E.

VCS-C to communicate VCS-E 2nd interface and keep 1st interface pointing to internet.

Indeed, I just found the same explanation in the 'old' doc: VCS Static NAT Configurations.

I'll give it a try.

Thanks!

Can you send a link to the document?

The information about VCS-E deployment in DMZ with NAT address by using dual interface is available at Appendix 4 of Basic configuration deployment guide, http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/vcs/config_guide/Cisco_VCS_Basic_Configuration_Control_with_Expressway_Deployment_Guide_X7-2.pdf