cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VCS call reporting

Nick Boylan
Level 1
Level 1

I generate a call report monthly showing point to point and Multipoint conference calls. The reason for the report is to show endpoint utilisation.  If an endpoint isn't being used or has very low usage, using this report we can re allocate the systems. 

The system we use to extract the monthly calls is going to be decommissioned soon. 

As the VCS only seems to store a couple of days of call history, is there any way of either extending the time the call history shows or are there any Cisco or 3rd party software applications that can automatically extract the call history and save it so the report can be created at the end of every month? 

I look forward to your replies. 

Thank you 

5 Replies 5

You can send VCS CDR logs to a remote syslog server. Go to Maintenance > Logging. There, you can specify a syslog server and also indicate which logs should be copied off. Take a look at the VCS Admin Guide under "Configuring Logging".
If that's not what you are looking for, please let us know and we'll see what we can do.

Maren

Hi Maren,

Thank you for your reply. I'll look into this now. This does seem the best option.

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Cisco TelePresence Management Suite (TMS)  can do all the call reporting and also gives you the ability to do a lot of your endpoint maintenance, scheudling of upgrades, viewing endpoint and call status, managing and monitoring the infrastructure, etc.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Hi Wayne, 

Thank you for your response, but TMS only shows multipoint conference calls. I need to report on Point to point calls as well as multipoint calls. 

@Nick Boylan wrote:

Hi Wayne, 

Thank you for your response, but TMS only shows multipoint conference calls. I need to report on Point to point calls as well as multipoint calls. 

TMS certainly does show ad-hoc and point to point calls.  We have used it that way for 10+ years and do all our call reporting with it.  

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.