Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VCS control and CUBE

Can a VCS control make video calls outside the enterprise via CUBE instead of Expressway?  I know that using Expressway would be better, but we are trying to get something up and running quickly with what we currently have, with a view to purchasing Expressway in the future.

We already have the following call flow working:

SIP endpoint (E20) -> Callmanager -> CUBE -> Firewall - > CUVC.

We want to replicate this in a different environment, only using VCS instead of CUCM, so:

SIP endpoint (E20) -> VCS -> CUBE -> Firewall - > CUVC.

Will this work?

2 Replies 2

awinter2
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Nick,

I'm not entirely sure how much testing has been performed on this, and as far as I know, no official deployment guide exists for this scenario as of yet.

Have you tried setting up a SIP-only neighbor zone/trunk from the VCS towards the CUBE and placing some calls from an endpoint registered on VCS towards the CUBE?

You might want to try setting the zone profile for the neigbor zone to 'Custom' and setting the 'SIP UDP/BFCP filter mode' to 'On'.

If you can't get it working it would probably be a good idea to get an SR opened up if you need assistance with troubleshooting any issues you might run into.

Hope this helps,

Andreas

Thanks for your help - we haven't actually had a chance to try this yet but I'll take your advice and see how it goes!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: