Views
Helpful
Replies

VCS Control and VCS Express Integration

Anju Josua
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

i have problem regarding vcsc and vcse integration.

my topology like this (got from "Cisco TelePresence Video Communication Server Basic Configuration (Control with Expressway)" but with different ip)

If i followed this deployment guide, then i shoud create a traversal zone. vcs c as traversal client and vcs e as traversal server.

the guide say "The traversal client zone on the VCS-C needs to be configured with a peer address which matches the static NAT address of the VCS-E"

i already do that, but the registration status still fail. but if i add vcse internal ip address, it can register.

Do i miss something?

Thanks,

Anju

23 Replies 23

Sounds to me to don't have a search rule to pass the 45000 fallback alias down the traversal zone. When the MCU is registered locally to the VCS-E, then a default local search rule will find the MCU. How to you target the Traversal Zone (by which I mean what is the rule that is in place that passes calls down the traversal zone to the VCS-C)?

Cheers

Chris

i attach xconf

Thx,

Anju

Hi, 

Reviewing some of you configs I would suggest going through the documentation once more. Just some points I have seen

- VCS Expressway, create a local authentication user for the traversal and don't use the admin account (Configuration > Authentication > Local Database)

- VCS Expressway keep the traversal server zone (you can keep H323 and SIP enabled). associate the search rules as required.

- VCS Expressway, appears you have dual network interface enabled. I would recommend enabling connecting LAN2 it to the same subnet as the VCS Control

- VCS Expressway, remove the neighbour zone (or disable it along with the associated search rules, or change the rules pointing to the traversal zone)

- VCS Control, update traversal client zone, point it to the VCS-E LAN2 IP Address, setup search rules

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/vcs/config_guide/Cisco_VCS_Basic_Configuration_Control_with_Expressway_Deployment_Guide_X7-2.pdf

Hi all,

sori for very late response. my client doesn't want dual network interface.

the current condition, i can establish call to public ip video conference, but i cannot receive the incoming stream ( i check on c60 ). i check the firewall configuration, no packet is dropped.

I have friend that have similar issue, then he just not select the h.239 in call preference, then works.

Any suggestion?

Thx,

Anju

Hi Anju

The expressway will always update messaging within H323/SIP to include the static NAT IP configured. This is by design as it is assumed all devices point to this IP Address therefore the interface IP address is always behind a NAT.

If you root into both VCS devices and do a 'tcpdump -n udp' start a call you might see the source/destination IP addresses.

From the information I have there are three ways around this:

- Setup NAT appropriately so the VCS control also talks to the IP address behind the NAT

- Disable the static NAT and configure the expressway with the actual IP address desired

- Connect the second interface (direct to internal OR to another firewall Interface) and the VCS Control communicates to that interface

Hope this helps

hi heathrw,

my implementation using first option. i already set the traversal zone with public vcs-e ip address as destination address. the zone already active.

when i try to call to our client office in japan, i don't receive incoming traffic.

i try to call to some public ip vicon test, most of them fail/ not receive incoming traffic (212.46.129.162), but one of them successful (71.14.2.154).

any idea?

Thx,

Again

Check  to ensure your firewall has all the appropriate ports opened including outbound and any ALG inspection/fixup for SIP/H.323 is disabled. Also get yourself a free cisco jabber account on a laptop/iPAD external to your network and do additional testing.

Hi Heathrw,

yes, it is because H323 inspection in checkpoint.

Thx,

Anju

hi chris,

i don't use fallback. i call from internet to 45000@192.168.200.200

i create transform in vcs-x, from 45000@192.168.200.200 to 45000.

i create search rule pattern 45000 to vcs control.

in vcs control, i check "search history", status is found.

but still can't establish call

thx,

anju