cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VCS Control Configuration Warning

Justin Lewis
Level 1
Level 1

Has anyone else seen a warning on VCS that says "Expected default link between Default subzone and the Cluster subzone is missing"? I am getting that warning, yet the links between the 2 subzones are there. Curious if anyone else has seen this.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Solvieg Pagan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This can be fix  as follow

ssh into the VCS as admin and issue the following command

xcommand DefaultLinksAdd

Best Regards,

Solvieg H. Pagan-Nesmith
Customer Support Engineer
TelePresence Solutions Group
sopagan@cisco.com

703-707-1009

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Solvieg Pagan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This can be fix  as follow

ssh into the VCS as admin and issue the following command

xcommand DefaultLinksAdd

Best Regards,

Solvieg H. Pagan-Nesmith
Customer Support Engineer
TelePresence Solutions Group
sopagan@cisco.com

703-707-1009

awinter2
Level 7
Level 7

Justin,

in addition to running the command which Solvieg suggests (and if doing so does not clear the alarm), you also want to make sure that in VCS Configuration > Bandwidth > Links, not only that the 'DefaultSZtoClusterSZ' link actually exists, but also that both 'Node1' and 'Node2' for this link is populated and that they are set to 'DefaultSubzone' and 'ClusterSubzone', respectively.

Regards

Andreas

Thank you both. The cli command worked like a charm.

Indeed, the commad fixed the warning message for me as well, but I think there is a problem here.

I got the warning when I tried to rename the DefaultSZtoClusterSZ link. When I open this link, the node2 is empty. If I save it, the warning message comes and I am not able to find the ClusterSubzone in the list.

I compared with the configuration of my VCSX and it's the same. The Node2 is empty as well, so I think it's a default configuration. Renaming it will of course trigger the warning message.

Is it a known bug?

Thank you both.

Hi Yorick,

I don't  think its a bug!!its the default links which should be there for things to work properly. This are all embeded in codes.

If there is a need then create customized links between the subzones if you want. Although when you create the subzone it automatically add the link to use between subzones,cluster subzone and traversal subzone.

I hope it helps.

Thanks

Alok

Hi Alok,

As I said, I just renamed the link for cosmetic reason, it is possible through the GUI so I used this possibility. As soon as I saved the new name, I got this warning message.

Then when I opened the link back, I saw that the node 2  field was blank, and the ClusterSubZone was not in the list to repopulate the field.

I entered the command in the CLI and now the default link is well configured, no more warning. But if I open the link again, I still see the node2 blank value. I will not save it again because I am sure the warning will come back.

So as you see, I did not delete or break something, I just renamed the link label. That's why I think it's a bug.

I had the same issue. Has this been identified as a bug?  I am running X7.0.1.

TIA,

Amir