cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VCS-Control H323 trunk to Radvision GK - has anyone done this?

Robert McAffery
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

I'm just wondering if anyone has made a trunk between VCS-C and a Radvision GK running 7.7 software? I've not seen a Radvision GK before so just wondering if it's possible and if there are any issues or things to consider.

Thanks,

Rob

3 Replies 3

Martin Koch
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I have never used a radvision gk neither.

Do you think about traversing firewall borders? That might be a bigger chalange and require

VCS-E and BK.

If its a VCS-C and a GK all communication in between the GK/VCS-C and endpoints must be allowed and no NAT has to be present.

I would picture/hope that Radvision also has some neigbor zone definitions and some

kind of search rules what to find where. At least it looked like that when I just googled for it.

If you do not get additional info here, try to see if there is some radvision forum. In general

I would say the VCS is quite open to be used with 3rd party devices.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Alok Jaiswal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

HI Robert,

i think i done it long back in my lab and it does work for me. although not sure about software version.

regards

Alok

outlooker
Level 1
Level 1

Please see the Scopia iView Management document:

http://docs.radvision.com/bundle/iv_admin_guide/iv_ag_enpoints_importFromGatekeeper

Radvision iView suite comes with a scopia gatekeeper, which is a thin version ECS gatekeeper. It can communicate with iView suite using radvison's XML protocol. Since the iView suite supports Tandberg VCS and third-party MCU, you can test VCS at ECS' neighbor zone.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: