cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VCS-Control H323 trunk to Radvision GK - has anyone done this?

Robert McAffery
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

I'm just wondering if anyone has made a trunk between VCS-C and a Radvision GK running 7.7 software? I've not seen a Radvision GK before so just wondering if it's possible and if there are any issues or things to consider.

Thanks,

Rob

3 Replies 3

Martin Koch
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I have never used a radvision gk neither.

Do you think about traversing firewall borders? That might be a bigger chalange and require

VCS-E and BK.

If its a VCS-C and a GK all communication in between the GK/VCS-C and endpoints must be allowed and no NAT has to be present.

I would picture/hope that Radvision also has some neigbor zone definitions and some

kind of search rules what to find where. At least it looked like that when I just googled for it.

If you do not get additional info here, try to see if there is some radvision forum. In general

I would say the VCS is quite open to be used with 3rd party devices.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Alok Jaiswal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

HI Robert,

i think i done it long back in my lab and it does work for me. although not sure about software version.

regards

Alok

outlooker
Level 1
Level 1

Please see the Scopia iView Management document:

http://docs.radvision.com/bundle/iv_admin_guide/iv_ag_enpoints_importFromGatekeeper

Radvision iView suite comes with a scopia gatekeeper, which is a thin version ECS gatekeeper. It can communicate with iView suite using radvison's XML protocol. Since the iView suite supports Tandberg VCS and third-party MCU, you can test VCS at ECS' neighbor zone.