Views
Helpful
Replies

VCS default root password

Louis-Alex
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Here's the situation.  I'd like to get access to the log files written at /mnt/harddisk/log/ on my VCS.

The fact is that I'm new in charge, and don't know if the root pwd was changed (hope not !)...

I found a little procedure, which reset the pwd (by logggin with pwrec from the PC via a serial cable and all), but as the reboot of the device is kinda tricky I was first wondering if there was a default pwd which could be still granted?!...

EDIT

For now, I can access my VCS by using PuttY-SSH (by entering the IP adress) ...

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The default password on most of these devices is TANDBERG (in caps).  Failing that, you will need to follow the pwrec process.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The default password on most of these devices is TANDBERG (in caps).  Failing that, you will need to follow the pwrec process.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: