Replies

VCS device provisioning option key

Yusuf Simjee
Level 1
Level 1

I have TMS 13.2, VCS-C 7.1, VCS-E 7.1

TMS 100 provisioning licences,

VCS-C has the following license:

0 Non Traversal Calls, 100 Traversal Calls, 2500 Registrations, Encryption, Interworking, FindMe, Dual Network Interfaces.

VCS-E has the following license:

40 Non Traversal Calls, 10 Traversal Calls, 2500 Registrations, 1800 TURN Relays, Expressway, Encryption, Interworking, FindMe, Dual Network Interfaces

In order to get Movi/jabber video to work, are these sufficient or do I need the device provisioning key on the VCS-C?

I had set up the TMS in agent legacy mode and was able to register movi clients and make and receive calls from ipad and laptop clients. I have now migrated the TMS to TMSPE and clients will not register. Not sure if the license key is the reason why.

Please help...

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hi Yusuf

I sent you a private message.

/Magnus

View solution in original post

Hi yusuf,

check the tms provisioning deployment guide. page ref 6

vcs req

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/tms/config_guide/Cisco_TMS_Agent_Legacy_Provisioning_Guide_13-2.pdf

cisco device provisioning key is a no-charge option key.

Part-id LIC-VCS-DEVPROV

Thanks

Alok

View solution in original post

19 Replies 19

gubadman
Level 3
Level 3

Yes, the VCSc should have the Provisioning option key

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Alok Jaiswal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Yusuf,

Device provisioning key is always a rquirement for setting the provisioning for the Movi/jabber.

This key should be present on vcs-control wether its a leagcy mode or a PE mode. you should put the device provisioning key on the vcs-control.

Thanks

Alok

Thanks Alok,

Could you tell me where to get the provisioning key? is it an orderable part number?

Kind Regards

Hi Yusuf

I sent you a private message.

/Magnus

Hi Magnus

may I ask for the provisioning key too, because I has same problem with yusuf.

I has tried  visit to cisco.com/go/license but we not found for genereted the provisoning key

Thanks

Yusuf

Hi yusuf,

check the tms provisioning deployment guide. page ref 6

vcs req

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/tms/config_guide/Cisco_TMS_Agent_Legacy_Provisioning_Guide_13-2.pdf

cisco device provisioning key is a no-charge option key.

Part-id LIC-VCS-DEVPROV

Thanks

Alok

Martin Koch
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

have TMS 13.2, VCS-C 7.1, VCS-E 7.1

TMS 100 provisioning licences,

VCS-C has the following license:

0 Non Traversal Calls, 100 Traversal Calls, 2500 Registrations, Encryption, Interworking, FindMe, Dual Network Interfaces.

VCS-E has the following license:

40  Non Traversal Calls, 10 Traversal Calls, 2500 Registrations, 1800 TURN  Relays, Expressway, Encryption, Interworking, FindMe, Dual Network  Interfaces

Just out of curiosity. You have a very uncommon licensing setup. Could you explain your deployment

What I especially wonder about:

* 0 non traversal calls on the vcsc (this would disallow default calls in between users on the same interface

* dual interface option on vcsc (in general this is not even supported, how exactly are you going to use it?)

* findme on both (do you use tmspe? how do you setup accounts, what do you want to rewrite?)

* quite high amount of non traversal calls on the vcse

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

5 point for Martin :-) also interesting.

Im not sure that movi (jabber ) can operate without license device provisioning in all TMS provisioning mode...

br Oleksandr

Hi Guys,

Its quite easy to explain:

* 0 non traversal calls on the vcsc (this would disallow default calls in between users on the same interface)

Ordering mistake by Distributor, vcs control and expressway is supposed to have 20 licenses each, the licenses were preloaded on the boves when they arrived, and I'm trying to get it resolved.

* dual interface option on vcsc (in general this is not even supported, how exactly are you going to use it?

* findme on both (do you use tmspe? how do you setup accounts, what do you want to rewrite?)

* quite high amount of non traversal calls on the vcse

Recommended and checked by Cisco Telepresence SE in ZA

TMSPE is going to be used. There are only 5 VC units inside the Company, the rest will be mobile users (movi/jabber)

For provisioning deployment, Cisco recommendation is to have provisioning option key on VCS-C (and VCS-C should not have dual interface option key, seeing some conflict between Provisioning and Dual interface option key installed on same VCS HW).

If Jabber video registered on VCS-C (not registered on VCS-E or proxy registration via VCS-E), you may experience SIP call failure depend on VCS-C configuration and call setup scenarios because of VCS-C doesn’t have non-traversal call license.

I have a VCSC configured with Dual Network interface option and that is what acts as the VCS for both internal client and external client. This  makes me wonder if the VCSE is even necessary in any deployment as users outside my network can reach me all the time without any issues.

Tolulopeos

Ah so you VCS is exposed to everyone?

The VCSE is for firewall traversal which in necessary for security in most deployments.

/Magnus

Martin,

That has worked for me so far, without any sort of compromise even though I would strongly advise against it.

I have a deployment I am working on, only for me to realise that my VCS control does not have the device provisioning key, I know it is supposed to be free but I dont have it as part of the option keys on my VCS Control. Is it possible to obtain this from Cisco at no charge?

Tolu

Hi, Magnus, I am also in need of the Device Provisioning option key.

My Cisco re-seller is not getting back to me very quickly today, and I am wanting to finish clustering my VCSC and VCSE.

Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: