cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VCS-E calls direct to Codian MCU Auto Attendant

f-foster
Level 1
Level 1

How do I create search rules on my VCS-E to route any calls direct to its IP or host name to go internal to Codian MCU auto attendant --> My autoatendant has a conference ID of 31 and we use 99 registered in my VCS-C internal - so 9931).  We have had so many difficulties with outside Firms connecting in using multiple methods of addressing (VCS-eIP##MCUmeetingID, or MCUmeetingID@VCS-eIP, whatever).  That it is much easier to have external users type in a IP and be dumped directly into the auto attendant and we can move them wherever from there.  I am not all that familiar with the Alias and regex search and replace criteria and do not want to cause any issues with Traversal calls and external SIP Movi that we use.  Need help.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Frank.  My apologies.  X5.1.1, its under VCS Configuration>Search Rules>Configuration.  Should be fallback alias section there.  Let me know how it turns out. 

VR

Patrick

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Patrick Pettit
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Frank - You may be able to setup Fallback Alias on Expressway and set it to 9931. 

VCS Configuration>Dial Plan>Configuration. 

If someone calls the domain name or IP address of the Expressway, would send the user direct to that alias specified there. 

Fall Back Alias:

Specifies the alias to which incoming calls are placed for calls where  the IP address or domain name of the VCS has been given but no callee  alias has been specified.

Give this a shot and let us know if this works for you. 

VR

Patrick

Patrick,

Thanks for the very quick response.  I am "currently" running x5.1.1 - is there another place where this Dial Plan is???  I do not see it under VCS Configuration.  What you are describing sounds exactly correct to what I am thinking.

Hi Frank.  My apologies.  X5.1.1, its under VCS Configuration>Search Rules>Configuration.  Should be fallback alias section there.  Let me know how it turns out. 

VR

Patrick

Patrick,

Fantastic!  Works Excellent - Right into the Auto Attendant.  I can move the V/Cs on my own.  Thats great.  Thank you.