Views
Helpful
Replies

VCS-E in VMware

alex goshtaei
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I have successfully downloaded and installed VCS-C in VM C210 server. I read there is VCS-E VM image, but I couldn't find in download software.  Is there any VCS-E OVA or ISO file available?

Thanks

Alex

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Tomonori Taniguchi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

VM-VCS with demo license (3 registration, 1 traversal call and 1 non-traversal call) is currently available only VCS-Control.

For VM-VCS-Expressway, you need to purchase Expressway option and install it same way as other option key on VCS which will convert VM-VCS to Expressway (enable Expressway feature on it).

View solution in original post

13 Replies 13

Tomonori Taniguchi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

VM-VCS with demo license (3 registration, 1 traversal call and 1 non-traversal call) is currently available only VCS-Control.

For VM-VCS-Expressway, you need to purchase Expressway option and install it same way as other option key on VCS which will convert VM-VCS to Expressway (enable Expressway feature on it).

Hi

Anybody knows if there's an eval or demo Expressway option key for the VCS VM and how to get it?

Thanks

Currently Cisco does not offer VCS-E demo license on VM VCS. This is something we looks for in next major release.

Hi,

Any update since last year? Is it possible to request a VCS-E trial license?

Thanks,

Jeroen

Time-limited (trial) option key will support from X8.0 release.

Hi,

any release date available? Everywhere I see August 2013...

Thanks

Hi Jonathan,

Earlier i heard it was about to release in sept end or oct start but recently i got the news that its been delayed.

don't have exact info about release date.

Rgds

Alok

X7.2.2 seems to be quite stable and as quite some new and nice functionality comes in X8

(like the lync gw functionality where I guess Jonathan is referring to the TC6 release notes :-)

I am more happy that it will run stable rather then having it out to early.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Hi Martin,

wasn't it possible, even before X8, to connect to Lync? Do you know if we can connect to Lync directly from CUCM? 

BTW, can you share with us what are your top 3 favourite features in X8?

Thanks,

Tenaro

Hi Everyone,

Any updates on VCS demo licensing ??

Can I get demo license for VCS-C and TMS as well ??

Regards,

Dipak Singh

When you first install the VCS OVA, it will install as a VCS-C in demonstration mode and allow 3 registrations with 1 traversal and 1 non-traversal license. To get a time limited Expressway license, to turn the VCS-C into an -E, contact you're Account Manager.

If you install the TMS application without a valid release key, it will install in trial mode that will allow a few system registrations. 

Hi Tomonori,

X8.0 is out. Any demo license for expressway?

thanks

------- have a look to my blog lgrconsulting.com

The demo license key is available from X8.1 (released on December 2013).

There will be several rules for getting demo keys (how many times you may request, days for activate the feature as demo function, etc.).

To get demo license key(s), you should contact your Cisco representative.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: