Views
Helpful
Replies

VCS-E Log result

kseewald
Level 1
Level 1

Dear experts,

I have a VCS Starter Pack Express and I have some security troubles there - therefore I want to read out the log files under

"Status" -> "Logs" -> "Network Log"  (or "Event Log")- problem is, that I have about 288 pages. If you do "Download results as text" you only

get the text for the current page, but I need a printout for all 288 pages. Is there a possiblity to download the complete

Thank you

Klaus     

7 Replies 7

ahmashar
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Klaus,

This can be feature enhancement request. please open a TAC case and request the feature enhancement request, if you need this feature.

regards, Ahmad

Alok Jaiswal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Klaus,

I dn't thin you can download the logs all together. However you can get this files in system snapshot of VCS.

Rgds

Alok

Hi Alok,

this also sounds as a good solution - but how can I make this snapshot? And after the snapshot where do I find the logs?

b.r.

Klaus

Martin Koch
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You can find the logfiles on the VCS under:

/mnt/harddisk/log

If you are known to linux systems you will find your way. A SCP tool can also be helpful.

Besides that do a snapshort and unpack it, all logfiles should be in there.

Maybe it would be handy to get the info of what problem you exactly had and what you are searching for?

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Hi Martin,

that sounds as one solution - I have to try - As I asked Alok - how can I do this this snapshot? Out of the GUI? And than I can unpack it and will find a folder called log?

B.r.

Klaus

Hi Klaus,

on the VCS GUI navigate to Maintenance > Diagnostics > System snapshot  and then click on the "Create full snapshot", then it takes a while for VCS to create the file for you and you will be provided a button to download the file.

after downloading it to your PC and unzipping it, you can navigate to this folder to find the message.x files (which as explained earlier for eventlog files).

\mnt\harddisk\snapshot\plugins\harddisklogs\log

regards, Ahmad

ahmashar
Level 4
Level 4

Klaus,

if you want a link in GUI to download the event log as I understood, please open a TAC case for a new feature enhancement request.

of course system snapshot has all the logs. in case you want to go down via cli/winscp method to /mnt/harddisk/log and get the event logs from there, the log files to get from there are messages.x where x is a number. These logs are rotating logs and overwritten overtime. Preferably, you can setup a back log server and integrated to VCS (by this method you can increase the verbosity of the log level to 3 or 4 and not affraid of the log files getting overwritten soon than later).

regards, Ahmad

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: