cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VCS-E migration issue

bradatbcass
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, we have a virtualized VCS-E which I attempted to migrate to a new host. I ran into issues and found several articles saying that new license keys needed to be purchased for a migration, but they referenced migrating off a physical server to virtual. I am simply trying to clone the virtual instance and migrate to a new physical host.

Before I open a TAC case, does anyone know if it is necessary to purchase new licensing for this type of migration?

Thanks,

Brad

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Anurag Srivastava1
Spotlight
Spotlight
Spoiler
Hello,

No you need not need to purchase new licenses.
Just need to transfer your licenses from old to new serial number.
also if you are migrating on same version you can take backup from old server and upload on new one.
The only thing needed is for new serial number you need to transfer your release keys and option keys, that you can try doing with licensing portal or opening a case with Cisco licensing tea,

Thanks
Please rate if it is helpful...

Thanks
Please rate if it is helpful and mark as accepted solution if applicable....

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Anurag Srivastava1
Spotlight
Spotlight
Spoiler
Hello,

No you need not need to purchase new licenses.
Just need to transfer your licenses from old to new serial number.
also if you are migrating on same version you can take backup from old server and upload on new one.
The only thing needed is for new serial number you need to transfer your release keys and option keys, that you can try doing with licensing portal or opening a case with Cisco licensing tea,

Thanks
Please rate if it is helpful...

Thanks
Please rate if it is helpful and mark as accepted solution if applicable....