Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VCS Expressway event log errors when Jabber for iPhone and Windows log in

hi folks,

I've deployed Collaboration Edge with VCS Control and Expressway:

my Jabber for iPhone succesfully can log in from Internet and it can IM but not calls and I see next messages in VCS Expressway when Jabber is logging in:

2015-03-27T18:00:28+02:00tvcs: Event="Authentication Failed" Service="SIP" Src-ip="Client-in-the-Internet-IPaddress" Src-port="49543" Detail="No valid authentication" Protocol="TLS" Method="REGISTER" Level="1" UTCTime="2015-03-27 16:00:28,204"
2015-03-27T17:58:55+02:00tvcs: Event="Authentication Failed" Service="SIP" Src-ip="Client-in-the-Internet-IPaddress" Src-port="49535" Detail="No valid authentication" Protocol="TLS" Method="REGISTER" Level="1" UTCTime="2015-03-27 15:58:55,786"
2015-03-27T17:58:32+02:00tvcs: Event="Authentication Failed" Service="SIP" Src-ip="Client-in-the-Internet-IPaddress" Src-port="49527" Detail="No valid authentication" Protocol="TLS" Method="REGISTER" Level="1" UTCTime="2015-03-27 15:58:32,202"
2015-03-27T17:58:08+02:00tvcs: Event="Inbound TLS Negotiation Error" Service="SIP" Src-ip="Client-in-the-Internet-IPaddress" Src-port="49512" Dst-ip="Expressway-IPaddress" Dst-port="5061" Detail="No SSL error available, probably remote disconnect" Protocol="TLS" Level="1" UTCTime="2015-03-27 15:58:08,582"

"Digest User" in the "Protocol Specific Information" section of Phone Configuration selected right user. in this Jabber I see following error "Failed to get device configuration". however Jabber for Windows and for Android hasn't such issues - they succesfully can log in from Internet and it can do calls and IM but I see next messages in VCS Expressway when Jabber is logging in. The same log line appears when Jabber for Android log in:

tvcs: Event="Inbound TLS Negotiation Error" Service="SIP" Src-ip="Client-in-the-Internet-IPaddress" Src-port="56751" Dst-ip="Expressway-IPaddress" Dst-port="5061" Detail="No SSL error available, probably remote disconnect" Protocol="TLS" Level="1" UTCTime="2015-03-27 14:19:11,769"

and I can't find any information which describe such types of error.

thanks!

8 Replies 8

mkbarry89
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Ruslan,

Were you able to resolve this issue? I am currently running into the same problem and can't seem to find any information on it either. It works on windows but when I try and connect to my phone services on the iphone it doesn't work.

Thanks,

Mike

hi,

unfortunately no, there is a little information in the Internet regarding this error. I still haven't resolve this issue.

but since then I have done many reconfigurations and somehow Jabber for Iphone sometimes can connect phone services and I can't find out pattern of this behavior:).

as far as I remeber, major changes were updating CUCM and CUP from 10.5.1 to 10.5.2 and maybe migration of VCS to Expressway.

if you find out the truth, let me know please.

Hi Ruslan,

Do you have any luck to resolve the issue as I am hitting the same issue as well. Is this certificate related issue? Looking forward your reply, Thanks.

Hi,

I had the same problem.

In my case, the problem was caused by the Expressway E certificate.

It had the role Basic Constraint: "Subject Type=CA" assigned.

After signing a new CSR with End Entity role, the problem was fixed.

I can recommend to open a TAC case, my TAC engineer found the certificate error within minutes.

Johannes

hi,

great news!

unfortunately I don't have opportunity to test this solution now.

kelvinffhan  I would appreciate if you reported back whether it solved your issue or no.

thanks in advance!

Hi Ruslan,

I have the same kind of problem: I cannot login to Phone Services from jabber on internet. And I'm getting same errors in log.

Did you find a solution? Certificate seems to be right.

hi,

seems like I've dealt with the issue but it was really long ago and unfortunately I don't remember details. sorry.

have you tried solution suggested above?

Hi Ruslan,

We are using self-signed certificates for now, will check that as soon as certificates will be signed. But I tried so many variations of settings, so now I'm not sure could it be so obvious issue like certificate. I have a NAT reflection through Sonicwall and I'm not sure is it translating everything properly. Anyways, I opened SR and hope Cisco guys will figure that out.

Thanks for quick respond!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: