cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VCS Expressway - Possible to use CPL script to block by incoming IP?

Darren Lapierre
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

Is it possible to control the incoming call to a VCS Expressway from a known IP address? I know I can block auth/un-auth traffic as well as source alias, but I want to allow incoming calls from only a specific gatekeeper(s).

Is this possible? I have looked through the CPL section of the admin guide and I don't see anything pretaining to IP resolution, just aliases.

D.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Paulo Souza
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Darren,

I think you can use CPL for this matter, however, as you need to block traffic based upon a specific source ip address, I suggest you to use the embedded firewall of VCS Exoressway, this reasource is available in the latest release of VCS, you can create firewall rules in VCS in order to allow or deny certain traffic.

Regards

Paulo Souza

Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

Paulo Souza Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

View solution in original post

Take a look at the administrator guide, starting on page 62:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/vcs/admin_guide/Cisco_VCS_Administrator_Guide_X7-2.pdf

I hope this help.

Paulo Souza

Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

Paulo Souza Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Paulo Souza
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Darren,

I think you can use CPL for this matter, however, as you need to block traffic based upon a specific source ip address, I suggest you to use the embedded firewall of VCS Exoressway, this reasource is available in the latest release of VCS, you can create firewall rules in VCS in order to allow or deny certain traffic.

Regards

Paulo Souza

Take a look at the administrator guide, starting on page 62:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/vcs/admin_guide/Cisco_VCS_Administrator_Guide_X7-2.pdf

I hope this help.

Paulo Souza

Yeah, that is what I was thinking of doing if the CPL did not pan out.

I will try this, as it might just be simpler for the client to manage then editing a local cpl script.

Thanks!

Yeah! CPL is really nice, but it is hard to manage and operate, so, unless you know much about CPL or CPL is really required, I suggest anybody to avoid it if possible and try another methods. In your case, internal firewall is the best option.

Regards

Paulo Souza

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: