Views
Helpful
Replies

VCS EXPRESSWAY + SX20

Hossam Al-kurdi
Level 1
Level 1

Dears ,

Can i use two SX20 endpoints with one VCS Expressway to make internal/external Calls

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chris Swinney
Level 5
Level 5

Hi

achieve your goal.

Part Number - CTI-VCS-STPAK-K9

However, The VCS is now considered End Of Life :( although the VM version will continue. The replacement (according to the End of Sale announcement), is a "VCS Control And Expressway Platform UCS C220 M3 Bundle"

Part Number - CTI-CE500-BDL-K9

I don't know much about the second option and the cost differences. I also assume that this will be a virtualised solution which has its own restrictions on the hardware you need to use.

Cheers

Chris

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Chris Swinney
Level 5
Level 5

Hi

achieve your goal.

Part Number - CTI-VCS-STPAK-K9

However, The VCS is now considered End Of Life :( although the VM version will continue. The replacement (according to the End of Sale announcement), is a "VCS Control And Expressway Platform UCS C220 M3 Bundle"

Part Number - CTI-CE500-BDL-K9

I don't know much about the second option and the cost differences. I also assume that this will be a virtualised solution which has its own restrictions on the hardware you need to use.

Cheers

Chris

Dear Chris ,

Thank you very much for the rich information , but i have few questions kindly help me with :

1- is the CUCM a replacement for the VCS ??

2- if i have a big deployment more than 100 endpoints whats the best solution to control endpoints and to make them able to call internal/external 

Hi Hossam,

1 - Yes you can consider CUCM as a replacement for the VCS Control.

Note that :

- If you have old VC endpoints or non Cisco endpoints you need a VCS Control,

- If you need to call external endpoints, you need a VCS Control and a VCS Expressay

For this you can use what explain Chris (VCS Control And Expressway Platform UCS C220 M3 Bundle) or Virtual solution of VCS Control and Expressway.

You can use also Expressway series http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/unified-communications/expressway-series/datasheet-c78-730478.html?cachemode=refresh

2 - If you have a big deployment I suggest a CUCM + Expressway C & E

Hope it help.

Salim

For question 1, the answer is Yes (in the longer term) - Cisco are trying to migrate people in that direction, but not necessarily a complete product replacement as of today.

There is no precise answer to question 2 - that'll all depend on your business and requirements.

See the Demystifying BE6K presentation for some information which may assist your choices.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: