Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VCS / expressway x8.5 - New endpoint support DX series

Hi,

I'm very much supprised by the statement that VCS x8.5 now includes support for DX series endpoints.

Does anyone have more info on the extent of this support? Will this be MRA expressway support or actual DX registration to VCS-C?

Cant find anything in the usual sources (yet)!

30 Replies 30

Does your Jabber Client work over Collab Edge?  Looks like you might be missing the external SRV records for _collab-edge._tls.

Hi Jreinmann

Nice to here that MRA working with DX650.. I'm also looking to configure DX650 with Expressway 8.5. Can you please share if there is any guide which you followed for DX650 ?

Regds

Strange! i have the MX registered via expressway and can make calls but cucm does not see it registered and i dont have the meeting icon from the UC profile. I feel darker things are afoot and telepresence/tms etc

Hi Peter,

Are you sure you selected MRA registration and not VCS-E based registration? Your MX can register directly to the Edge if that is a VCS in your case.

Yes, the MX is registered with Expressway E on the edge but this is proxied through the Vcs C to call manager. I upgraded to the very latest release of 10.5.2 and this resolved the registered status of the devices. I also have several remote workers using 8841 phones.

I have a DX650, DX70, DX80, and SX20 ... I tested the DX650 to reg. to CUCM through CUCM, but I don't know where can I configure on that on DX650?

Theses statements are very confusing. What's the use of it?

Which version of DX650/DX70/DX80 will support MRA?

rgds, Geert.

Documentation indicates the entire DX series will be supported.

I Too miss the option to configure this in either CUCM or endpoint software. I suspect the Expressway does have support now but the feature still needs to be released in the actual endpoint software versions.

davidwells
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

I was wondering whether anyone has an update re firmware release on the DX endpoints to support MRA? We have been trying to get a DX80 to register via MRA, using Expressway 8.5(1) but it does not want to play nicely.

Current firmware version of DX80 is sipdx80.10-2-3-33.

Any thoughts / further information?

Whilst the Expressway has support for DX80 MRA, the code for the DX80 itself is not available yet, even in pre-release form, so for now there isn't much to do with them outside of the network without VPN.

What I have seen is that firmware 10.2.4 will be needed for this. This is supposed to be available Q2CY15.

Please rate useful posts.

Thanks George (and Martyn),

I'll contact our Cisco SE to see what they might know.

The info I got from Cisco recently is it will be supported in the q2 release DX endpoint software. A little more patience required than.

davidwells
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

We have successfully used MRA with a DX80 but are now wishing to also use Extension Mobility on these devices. Does anyone know if this is supported? Whilst the "EM" option appears within the Settings menu, it has an error that the server cannot be reached. Therefore, I assume it is not tunnelled through MRA properly.

Any thoughts appreciated.

/David

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: