Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VCS / expressway x8.5 - New endpoint support DX series

Hi,

I'm very much supprised by the statement that VCS x8.5 now includes support for DX series endpoints.

Does anyone have more info on the extent of this support? Will this be MRA expressway support or actual DX registration to VCS-C?

Cant find anything in the usual sources (yet)!

30 Replies 30

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I believe that is refering to MRA and it registering to CUCM. DX is CUCM only endpoint and every time its asked if it can work with VCS the answer is no and never will be. It's also mentioned in the Expressway release notes as well, they probably just put the same statement in both the Expressway and VCS release notes and didn't think to explain it better not realizing it could be misunderstood. 

Agree with Patrick.

Please rate useful posts.

Yes, it refers to MRA, as MRA is also a feature of the VCS its at least not wrong, but sure, a bit more eplanation would be handy.

MRA with DX should require an upgraded software on it as well, not sure if or when that is available.

Feature previews

The following two features are implemented in version X8.5 for the purpose of previewing with dependent systems. They are not currently supported and should not be relied upon in your production environment. Full support for these features is planned for a future release of the VCS software.

(Preview) Single sign-on over MRA

Enables single sign-on (common identity) for SSO-capable clients that are accessing on-premises Unified Communications services from outside the network.

(Preview) New endpoint support

The VCS can now work with the Cisco DX Series endpoints, and with the 8800 Series and 7800 Series IP phones.

The VCS / Expressway is now very CUCM centric, so if you see a new feature,

just take it as CUCM.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Hi,

Actually, our company had purchased the lots of CP-9971 as the VPN Phones with ASA Fw, that is not stable, so now I want to change to Expressway ....

Is it possible to support the VPN-less on CP-9971?

Unfortunately nothing indicates the 9900 series will be supported on MRA instead of VPN.

The entire DX series is now supported with 10.2(4).  The 8800 and 7800 series are supported as of 10.3(1).  Although i haven't seen anything explicit, i would suspect that the 8831 does not support MRA.

No other physical devices will support MRA or are planned to in addition to what is currently supported (e.g. EX's).

I current have this working in my environment and its going well so far (2 days in).

This is just what I have been looking for using MRA with MX300 and want to use DX and 8800 phones in the same way can anyone point me to the documentation the video design guides dont indicate support for this?

Hello Peter,

It is not currently supported, but functional.

The software release notes for the lates releases have notes about what functionality works and the level of support for it. It will probably not appear in the design guides till it is a fully supported feature.

Hi,

Anyone tested the new functions? Making the 78XX 88XX DX series phone at outside? Any issues?

Actually, if my Expressway servers is without the Public CA signed the UC cert. Can I manual import the self-sign-cert into the phone? Only DX series can be manual import the self-sign-cert, because the android platform?

I’ve so far used a DX650 and DX70 with this functionality and I’m very happy with the features and performance.  I’m have a 50mb connection from Verizon FiOS and all audio and video calls have been at the highest quality without any issues.  We are running VCS for our production and Expressway for our lab and both work just fine.  We tested the 8800 for connectivity, however, we didn’t have them in great use when connected via MRA.

The setup is quite easy (if it can’t find a TFTP server it’ll default to MRA).  Cisco really got this one right!

Wo~ good sound from you.

Was signed the public Certs on Expressway? That is the mandatory item?

yes, we use a publicly signed cert.  Its not mandatory to get it to work, however, if the certificate isn't trusted by the end device you'll continue to get certificate errors when signing in (every time).  It is highly recommended as without it, there will be a very poor user experience.  Its also recommended to use public certificates for CUCM, IM&P and CUC so that when a user logs in when on the internal network they don't get certificate errors there.  However, you can also use an enterprise CA in this case.

this helped me get my DX80 registered over MRA

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/dx/series/admin/1024/DX00_BK_C12F3FF5_00_cisco-dx-series-ag1024/installation.html#DX00_RF_CA8F3827_00

Hi Robray,

Can you please help me to resolve DX70 registration over MRA

I am ruining

cucm version : 10.5 SU1

Expressway- 8.6.1

DX Firmware : 10-2-4.99

r

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: