Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VCS Expressway

Can anyone clarify me on this query.

Is it possible to use the same IP subnet for both internal facing NIC and external facing NIC on the VCS Expressway. For example my subnet is 100.4.230.160/27 and am going to assign this IP address 100.4.230.171 for my internal facing NIC and for my external facing NIC as 100.4.230.172. Please advise me, is it recommendable to use the IP address within the same subnet, like mentioned. If yes please let me know the things which i need to take care.

If the above is not suitable please enlighten me with recommendations and the reasons.

Thanks

Aravindhan S

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

zeuscyril
Level 4
Level 4

no you cant use it.

you have to use 2 different subnets may i know what is the reason to use same subnet. if you design using single interface concept then its fine. but always recommended to use dual network with different subnet.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

zeuscyril
Level 4
Level 4

no you cant use it.

you have to use 2 different subnets may i know what is the reason to use same subnet. if you design using single interface concept then its fine. but always recommended to use dual network with different subnet.

Hi Cyril

Thanks for answering this and i've understood the concept. Hence i've used two different subnets for both internal and external facing NIC.

Thanks

Aravind S

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: