cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VCS GATEKEEPER WARNINGS

charles cronin
Level 1
Level 1

I am running VCS X8.5.1 on my VCS Control.

I have a cluster of two VCS Control gatekeepers.

Problem I am seeing is that my VTC systems that many of my VTC systems set to register to VCS Control #1 via IP are showing a critical warning on the TMS and the VTC system is actually registering to the VCS Control #2 even though the H323 IP is VCS Control #1.

Looking at the logs for on of the VTC systems I see the following multiple times:

Registration Requested

Registration Accepted  

After eleven atemps get event Registration removed and Detail states Registration was not refreshed in time and endpoint failed to respond to IRQ ?

then a few Registration Requests and Accepts Registration removed again. 

Any ideas ?

3 Replies 3

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Are you using IP or FQDN for the gatekeeper address?  If FQDN, does it point to a single VCS peer or both?

Sounds like the requests to the VCS is not being sent to the correct one, as if it points to a DNS issue.

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Firstly I'd check that you have everything configured correctly and have addressed all the Prerequisites as specified in the VCS Cluster Deployment Guide.

The next question would be with your TMS - do you have both VCSes added to TMS, and have you configured the VCSes in TMS as a cluster?

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Shefali Sharma
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Charles,

I was reading your this issue regarding the critical warnings you were seeing related to VCS Gatekeeper on TMS.

If the issue is still unresolved, please check the FQDN settings for your VCS as suggested below by Patrick, and also check whether from your TMS RDP session, are you able to access both the VCS Cluster Nodes or not??

Regards,

Shefali Sharma