cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VCS-->CUCM-->VCS call only with SIP URI with FindMe??

rasimyigit
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Together         

MOVI,ipad Jabber and endpoints are configured  withSIP URIS like firstname.lastname@domain.com or username@domain.com. H323  is not allowed (E164 or H323ID like numbers )

If I call a DN number to Cisco IP Phone there is no problems and works fine, I see the firstnam.lastname @ domain.com on the Display. So I want to call back now. i know it cant works. But the FindMe may yet help me with this case. I want to see to call back a number or ID on the Cisco phone. We have the FindMe Option

We have unfortunately no CUCM 9 only 8.6.2.

I guess the Caller could help at this case or any other ideas

TMS: 13.2.2 PE

VCS:7.2.1

CUCM8.62

Thank you for your feedback

7 Replies 7

Paul Woelfel
Level 4
Level 4

To route the full URI you have to add a SIP route pattern on CUCM. This only works with missed calls or phonebook entries.

If you want the users to be able to call back to a Movi User by typing in his number, you would have to change the Findme Address of every User to a numeric format. The pitfall with this solution is, that the Findme address is also sent to external participants, which is not quite a beautiful solution (the email address video address looks better)

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Regards, Paul

rasimyigit
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Paul,

So you the mean the findme address as video address pattern( main address ) or the device address pattern? But what is about the caller I'd ? I think it must work with that? Hope I'm right?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

I guess it is what you define what is more important for you now.

There is multiple ways, the numeric findme aliases like Paul mentioned,

you could write yourself your own policy server which is doing the source rewrite (x7.2 needed)

You could deploy an extra set of "cucm gw" VCS which has a new set of findme mapping rewriting

your firstname.lastname@domain.com to number@whatever.com

upgrade to cucm9 and most likely some more possibilities.

So there are many  things to address the issue.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Hi,

in the deployment Guide of the PE, i saw:

In   the   Caller ID  Pattern  field,  specify  the   pattern  that  you  want  Cisco  TMSPE  to   use  to   define  callback

numbers  for   users  in   the   selected  group,  or  the   explicit  callback  number  for   the   selected  user.

You  can  use  any  of  the   following   user  attributes  in   the   pattern:

l  {office_ phone}

l  {mobile_ phone}

In   the   Caller ID  Pattern  field,  specify  the   pattern  that  you  want  Cisco  TMSPE  to   use  to   define  callback

numbers  for   users  in   the   selected  group,  or  the   explicit  callback  number  for   the   selected  user.

You  can  use  any  of  the   following   user  attributes  in   the   pattern:

l  {office_ phone}

l  {mobile_ phone}

Could that helps?

No, unfortunately not. The caller Id is only used for ISDN Gw not for routing over a SIP Trunk.

Maybe a CPL skeipt could make use of the caller id.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Regards, Paul

rasimyigit
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,
I found a way how can handle it?
If you import about the ad the user, then you can you his officenumber as findme I'd . That works. I tested and it is great

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Yes, sure, this is what we ment with the numerical findme address, which sure, has the disadvantage

that if you dial out this id will be shown as the name (and at least I prefer firstname.lastname over some number .-)

How you do it its your part, sure if you have the proper number (you can also do some regex on the values

if you need to add some prefix for example or strip some thing) imported you can use that :-)

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: