cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VCS migration to Expressway-c

sajjad.haq
Level 1
Level 1

i have some question .1 any migration of VCS to Expressway-C from Cisco? if yes the can i install Expressway-C option key to my existing VCS??

4 Replies 4

@Syed
Level 3
Level 3

VCS and Expressway are two different servers.

You will have to build a brand new Expressway virtual server and then install appropriate licenses and release key.

Expressway option keys are completely different from VCS so they are incompatible.

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

While the VCS and Expressway are esentially the exact same software, but with different licence keys, it's not recommended that you change from one to the other.  You will be better off installing new VMs for the Expressway C and E, then decommissioning the old VCSes once you are done.  That will give you a cleaner migration path from one to the other, with a fallback option as well.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Does the new expressway C/E have to be configured from scratch or is it possible to do a restore taken from the previous VCS C/E?

It depends on how complex your configuration is.

You may be better off exporting the xconfiguration of the VCS to a text file, removing the bits you no longer need or are not appropriate, then uploading the new xconfig to your new Expressway. 

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.