cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VCS Regex (IP@domain)

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hello, I noticed that when I try to call an IP address from an Jabber Video client on the iPad, that if I just dial the IP address alone, it appends the Jabber clients SIP domain to the IP and the call fails because it doesn't recognize that format of address.  I know I can call by putting an alias in front of the IP and it work, but what regex transform would I need to incorporate into our VCS for the call to work if users just want to put in the IP address alone?

I want to take <IP Address>@<SIP Domain>, and make it just <IP Address>.  How can I make this possible using regex?

Thanks, Patrick

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

gubadman
Level 3
Level 3

(\d{1,3}\.\d{1,3}\.\d{1,3}\.\d{1,3})(@domain.com)

Then replace with \1 which is the first capture group which should be the IPv4 address.

You might want to put a ? After the domain.com) bit so that becomes optional in case it stops sending it in the future.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

gubadman
Level 3
Level 3

(\d{1,3}\.\d{1,3}\.\d{1,3}\.\d{1,3})(@domain.com)

Then replace with \1 which is the first capture group which should be the IPv4 address.

You might want to put a ? After the domain.com) bit so that becomes optional in case it stops sending it in the future.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Guy,

Are you able to put a ? character after the domain:

(\d{1,3}\.\d{1,3}\.\d{1,3}\.\d{1,3})(@domain.com)?

Out of curiosity, i tested this using the VCS check pattern tool, and the result failed due to: "IP address aliases are not supported for pattern matching"

Have Cisco got plans to resolve this for the iPad app? as i believe JfW is capable of recognising a dialled IP address, and does not append the domain suffix.

Thanks, Simon

yes, that ? will make the (@domain.com) optional.

The rule my need to go in as a transform rather than an alias pattern match, then you can do an ip address search rule instead. It's been a long time since I've looked at setting up IP dialling rules.

I'm not able to comment on the Jabber iPad development I'm afraid, but I do believe they are looking at getting back to having more common code for the different versions, so I'd hope so.

Thanks,

Guy

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: