cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VCS slow response in GUI after X7.1 upgrade

RAMEEZ RAHIM
Level 1
Level 1

We recentlty upgraded our VCS to X7.1 and are seeing the GUI response to be very slow.

We have the box integrated with LDAP for admin user authentication. We tried using the box with both Local and Remote authentication.

But still the login time takes around 3 minutes.

What should we check here to proceed further on this. Pls suggest.

Restart option will be the last resort.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Haydn von Imhof
Level 4
Level 4

I had the same issue with one of my VCS Expressways after implementing LDAP authentication on 7.1.

I have 6 VCS Controls and 4 Expressways all on the same software release and LDAP integration in the same video enviroment and just the one box was not happy.

Cisco suggested I try factory reset the box and reconfigure it but that did not help.

I ended up getting an RMA done.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Haydn von Imhof
Level 4
Level 4

I had the same issue with one of my VCS Expressways after implementing LDAP authentication on 7.1.

I have 6 VCS Controls and 4 Expressways all on the same software release and LDAP integration in the same video enviroment and just the one box was not happy.

Cisco suggested I try factory reset the box and reconfigure it but that did not help.

I ended up getting an RMA done.

awinter2
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Rameez,

is it only the actual login process which is slow, or also when you are browsing the various VCS pages once logged in?

I would in any case recommend you open a case with TAC and provide a full system snapshot from the VCS to help with further analysis.

- Andreas

Edit: In comment to Haydn's reply, whatever the issue might be, it is more than likely an issue in software rather than hardware, meaning an RMA is most likely not needed to resolve the issue.

It is only the initial login that takes time.

It goes normal after login..

Does the login process also take a long time when you are using local authentication for admin users?

Could you try removing all of the LDAP configuration for user authentication, set admin login source to local and check if the issue persists?

We tried changing authentication source to Local, should we also try removing all LDAP coanfigurtion.

Also this issue is not happening

Tomonori Taniguchi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Do you see any alarm on VCS?

You may check alarm from Web GUI (look for right top corner) or ssh to VCS and login as root user (after you successfully login as root user, all alarm will print out on your ssh session).

I could see no alarms relating to this..

The alarm is just for TMS agent legacy mode..

I also tried loading a snapshot of my slow VCS to another test VCS unit and the test unit worked great.

When Cisco suggested I conduct a factory reset they wanted to see if there was something in the system config that caused the slow response.

But even just after the factory reset and having a blank VCS if look 2-3min to log in.

- Andreas

Edit: In comment to Haydn's reply, whatever the issue might be, it is more than likely an issue in software rather than hardware, meaning an RMA is most likely not needed to resolve the issue.

I agree.

My VCS was a critical production system so I could not wait for a lengthy investigation.

I am interested to see what comes out of this thread.

I will be returning my expressway this week and cisco will provide feedback so I will relay that on once I have it.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: