Marco
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Support Community,

just a short question for the upgrade process. With this key:

Video Communication Server Starter Pack Upgrade to VCS Expressway - TMS,
Cisco Jabber Video for TelePresence 100 users
CTI-VCSE-SPUPG-K9 TTC2-04

I can add it as an option on my VCSESTRTPACK and delete the starter pack option before. After this I have a VCSE without provisioning.

But what about the Jabber User? How is the licence provided to me?

Can I just install the same option key on the TMS and this will add 100 Jabber User for it? Or do I have to buy a seperate licence for this?

Thank you for support :)

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

From what I found online:

• You'll convert the Starter Pack to either a Control or Expressway depending on what part number you use (CTI-VCSC-SPUPG-K9 or CTI-VCSE-SPUPG-K9).
  • You'll loose the built in provisioning management and Jabber Video/Movi licenses.
  • You'll retain any extra call licenses that were purchased on top of the base call licenses.
  • You'll receive TMS base application + 100 Jabber Video/Movi licenses.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

From what I found online:

• You'll convert the Starter Pack to either a Control or Expressway depending on what part number you use (CTI-VCSC-SPUPG-K9 or CTI-VCSE-SPUPG-K9).
  • You'll loose the built in provisioning management and Jabber Video/Movi licenses.
  • You'll retain any extra call licenses that were purchased on top of the base call licenses.
  • You'll receive TMS base application + 100 Jabber Video/Movi licenses.

Thank you for the picture. So it looks like we get the TMS release key with 10 Systems and 100 Movi registrations. Has someone build this up yet? If I unsderstand it right, we will get three licences:

- Option for VCSE

- Release Key for TMS

- Option for TMS (100 Jabber)

Ok so if this is right we can close this as solved.

Thank you

We've always had a VCS Expressway, you could contact your Cisco Account Manager and they should be able to help in making sure you have everything you need before purchase.  You'll need to also install TMSPE (Provisioning Extension) in addition to TMS.  It will use the Jabber Video/Movi licenses in TMS.

If your question is answered, don't forget to mark the reply as the correct answer.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: