Din Vui Chung
Level 1
Level 1

I just can't register my movi client into VCS started pack x7.1

It keep ON showing message

Login failed

due to registration failure

If the problem persist contact IT support

Findme address, user account and local database accounts are setup with same user name/password

Default Zone and Default subzone set to Check Credentials.

I can resolve the DNS with public IP address configured at VCS.

At log I keep on getting this error message

Sep 15 13:36:01tvcs: Event="Decode Error" Service="SIP" Src-ip="219.92.14.189" Src-port="50943" Dst-ip="219.92.14.190" Dst-port="5061" Detail="(From) No valid host in URL" Protocol="TLS" Level="1" UTCTime="2012-09-15 13:36:01,285"
Sep 15 13:35:58tvcs: Event="Decode Error" Service="SIP" Src-ip="219.92.14.189" Src-port="50942" Dst-ip="219.92.14.190" Dst-port="5061" Detail="(From) No valid host in URL" Protocol="TLS" Level="1" UTCTime="2012-09-15 13:35:58,402"

Appreciate if anyone could help.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Can you make sure the FindMe ID for the user includes the SIP domain you are using (example below) and retest.

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Alok Jaiswal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Din vui chung,

I think there is some issue with the TLS ports? Can you tell me what is the firewall you have?

have you open the TLS ports properly on the firewall ?  what is the jabber version you are using?

can you test this with movi 4.2 version or by disabling the TLS on the jabber 4.3 or 4.4

also please ensure you don't have SIP packet inspection ON on the firewall.

Thanks

Alok

Hi Alok,

Thanks for your reply, I am using movi 4.2 at client side.  I don't have any firewall perhaps the broadband router have firewall feature embedded.  Will check on this.

when I configured starter pack in LAN scenerio and use a private IP to replace FQDN and re-create all users account and credentials, I still having the same error message.

Just checked on my broadband  router, the embedded firewall was turn off. I also turn off kaspersky  internet security at client side.  Still can't register to VCS.

Also notice whenever I tried to login ( always failed), message display at log as below:

Sep 17 12:44:51provisioning: Level="INFO" Detail="Provisioned user" User-URI="user1@cedarvcs.com" AOR="user1.movi@" SIP-Proxy="movi.cedar.com.my" UTCTime="2012-09-17 04:44:51,564"
Sep 17 12:44:51provisioning: Level="INFO" Detail="Provisioned user" User-URI="user1@cedarvcs.com" AOR="user1.movi@" SIP-Proxy="movi.cedar.com.my" UTCTime="2012-09-17 04:44:51,150"

Appreciate you sharing knowledge on this.  Thanks

Hi,

There is no domain part in the AOR - it just ends with the @ symbol. On your starter pack can you go to:

Maintenance > Login accounts > User accounts and find your user, then check that the FindMe ID (dialable address) is @

In the Principal devices, you should then see that the Movi URI is .movi@

Also check in Movi in the sign in settings that you have datafilled the SIP Domain.

Thanks,

Guy

Hi,

FindMe ID only show 'user1' and at principal device only show 'URI: user1.movi'  without the SIP domain associate with it. I have configured the SIP domain as cedarvcs.com.  What could be the problem? perhaps I need to reset it into factory default.

Can you make sure the FindMe ID for the user includes the SIP domain you are using (example below) and retest.

Hi,

Thanks a lot for your guys advise, I am able to register movi client properly now.  What I did was reset the VCS unit and ensure Find me ID include SIP domain. 

Thanks again for sharing your knowledge on this.

Hi All.

I am having an issue similar to this, in the past I have been able to register MOVI clients to the VCS with the FindMe option available, but I have a deployment at the moment that does not have the FindMe optioion key and MOVI has always failed to register.

If anyone has an idea of a solution, kindly help with it.

Toluos

Hi tolulope,

doesn't the findme option shows under the starter pack option key.?

it should have findme option enabled.

rgds,

Alok

Sorry, I should have added that it is VCS Control not a starter pack

This would be better in it's own thread as it is a different issue.

Does your VCSc have the provisioning option key?

How are the accounts set up in TMS?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: