Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VCS - TMS version compatibility

Hello

One of our customers currently has a Lync-VCS gateway, with VCS at v7.2.3 and Lync 2010.

Customer would like to upgrade to Lync 2013.  Per "Cisco VCS and Microsoft Lync Deployment Guide, they need to get up to VCS X8.1, for  compatibility with Lync 2013.

I would like to understand the implications of the proposed upgrade to VCS on TMS. Will I need to upgrade TMS ?  My concern stems from customer's use of MOVI endpoints; I  I understand MOVI needs the TMS to be at a certain specific version.

Any tips and/or pointers to relevant info will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

/Baktha Muralidharan

8 Replies 8

Jens Didriksen
Level 9
Level 9

Which version of TMS are they currently running? They need to have a TMS version which supports TMSPE and not the legacy provisioning agent.

/jens

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

Jens thanks for your reply. Customer is using TMS v13.2

Be aware of the TMS requirements if upgrading to 15.x - suggest you take a look at http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/tms/install_guide/Cisco-TMS-install-guide-15.pdf since you will be upgrading from a version earlier than 14.x.

Note in particular server requirements are Windows 2008R2 or Windows 2012 or 2012 R2.

Suggest you go for 2012, not 2008 - which is also what is recommended by Cisco.

/jens

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

What version of TMS are you running, and are you using TMS Agent or TMSPE for provisioning Jabber Video (Movi) clients?

If you're using TMS Agent, this isn't supported with VCS X8.1 and later, so you'll need to migrate to TMSPE.  TMSPE 1.0 provides the ability to migrate from TMS Agent, refer to the TMSPE 1.0 Deployment Guide for more information.

You should also consider upgrading to the latest versions of all software, which are currently: TMS 15.2.1, TMSPE 1.7, and VCS X8.8.  Refer to each of the product's release notes regarding any requirements or recommendations on how to upgrade to a certain version. 

Patrick

Thanks for your reply. Customer is using TMSPE v13.2

So, if I get them up to the latest versions as suggested, would we be fine with MOVI clients?

/Baktha

Patrick

Thanks for your reply. Customer is using TMSPE. Their  TMS is at v13.2.

So, if I get them up to the latest versions as suggested, would we be fine with MOVI clients?

/Baktha

We still use Jabber Video (Movi) version 4.x with TMS 15.x and VCS X8.x.  It's always good to try and use somewhat the latest versions of software, if not to take advantage of new features than simply for the security and vulnerability fixes.

Are they already migrated to TMSPE or still using TMS Agent, you never said?

Patrick,

Great to hear, thank you!

As for the question about what they use to provision MOVI clients, I don't know.. waiting to hear from clients. will update here once I get that info.

Thanks again,

/Baktha