Views
Helpful
Replies

VCS to Microsoft Lync

David Anstee
Level 4
Level 4

Experiencing an error with configuring VCS and Lync

I have been referring to the Deployment Guide.

• We have generated and uploaded the private key, root certificate and server certificate to the Cisco VCS
  • We have configured the SIP domains FQDN in Cisco VCS
  • We have configured DNS on the VCS and checked we can resolve all the Lync Domain
  • We have configured the Single VCS with a Cluster Name of the FQDN of the VCS (vcsc1.FQDN)
  • We have configured an NTP Server in the VCS
  • We are using SIP TLS

Following the deployment guide, all goes well until entering the CMDLETS into the Lync Management Shell

PS C:\Users\Administrator> New-CsTrustedApplicationPool -identity vcsc1.FQDN -ComputerFQDN vcsc1.FQDN -Registrar fep.FQDN -site 1 -RequiresReplication $false -ThrottleAsServer $true TreatAsAuthenticated $true

WARNING: Machine vcsc1.FQDN from the topology you are publishing was not found in Active Directory and will result in errors during Enable-CsTopology as it tries to prepare Active Directory entries for the topology machines. If you choose to publish this topology Enable-CsTopology will have to be re-run once the missing machines are domain-joined.

Mising Machine

The following machines from the topology you are publishing were not found in Active Directory and will result in errors during the Enable-CsTopology as it tries to prepare Active Directory entries for the topology machines. If you coose to publish this topolgoy Enable-CsTopology will have to be re-run once the missing machines are domain joined:

vcsc1.FQDN

[Y] Yes [A] Yes to All [N] No [L] No to All [S] Suspend:    N

New-CsTrustedApplicationPool: Aborting operation due to computers in the topology that were no found in Active Directory At line:1 char:29

The customer is reluctant to continue with this error as they have no reassurance that this message is normal and that it wont affect their Lync services.

Has anyone else experience this error with a Cisco VCS/Microsoft Lync integration?

2 Replies 2

awinter2
Level 7
Level 7

Hi David,

I have encountered the same warning message several times when deploying Lync labs, and this warning seems to be benign.

It should be perfectly safe to answer 'Yes' to this prompt, I have done so in lab and have not seen any negative effects.

I would imagine that this warning is raised whenever you try to create an application pool for a third-party application server which is not joined to AD.

- Andreas

Thanks Andreas, that is the confident sounding answer I was hoping for :-)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: