Views
Helpful
Replies

VCS to SIP trunk

Ahmed Abdullahi
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone,

Is there a way to register a VCS as a SIP endpoint?  I want to be able to make voice only calls from the PSTN to VCS by registering the VCS as an endpoint to a SIP proxy.

Thanks,

AA

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Martin Koch
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi AA!

If you look closer at the mechanisms used in the VCS, the required functionality

is in some kind already implemented with the OCS-Rleay and with X7 the OCS-B2BUA.

(which actually register at the OCS/Lync server).

So in theory it might be a feature request and some future versions away.

But currently I do not see that this is possible without an external host playing the SIP-UA role,

registering at your sip proxy and offering the VCS the conneciton as a SIP trunk.

Most SIP Services / PSTN GW shall also offer the capablity to set it up towards your

VCS IP/Domain, its at least worth figuring out.

Please vote the answers and check them as solved if they are.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Martin Koch
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi AA!

If you look closer at the mechanisms used in the VCS, the required functionality

is in some kind already implemented with the OCS-Rleay and with X7 the OCS-B2BUA.

(which actually register at the OCS/Lync server).

So in theory it might be a feature request and some future versions away.

But currently I do not see that this is possible without an external host playing the SIP-UA role,

registering at your sip proxy and offering the VCS the conneciton as a SIP trunk.

Most SIP Services / PSTN GW shall also offer the capablity to set it up towards your

VCS IP/Domain, its at least worth figuring out.

Please vote the answers and check them as solved if they are.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Martin,

You are right.

To recap:

I needed to connect VCS to a SIP trunk provider. The provider required a REGISTER SIP METHOD and authenication.  The solution for me was to use a 3rd party B2BUA that could register and authenicate with the provider and neighbor with my VCS.

Thanks.

ttrentler
Level 4
Level 4

VCS to CUCM is supported through a SIP Trunk.  Cisco has published a design guide for this.

http://thetpsite.com/forum/topics/cisco-unified-communications

has a link.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: