Views
Helpful
Replies

VCS Transform - ([^@]*) No effect?

Chenzhe Zhang
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Folks,

In my CUCM -VCS-C deployment (sip only), I've configured a ([^@]*) replace transform to standardize destination alias to sip uri format, as per configuration guide. But during my testing, I found that even if I disable this transform, when a sip endpoint dials another without entering the domain name, the call would still work. And  then in the search history, I can see the destination alias is already e.g. 12345@example.com, and the log reads "Not Transformed". I just couldn't figure out why. Can someone shed some light please? Thank you!

regards

Chenzhe 

5 Replies 5

Paulo Ferreira
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Chenzhe,

that transformation only work to destinations that doens't have the @domain.

Regards

Thanks Paulo.

when I dial 12345 from an endpoint, isn't 12345 a destination that doesn't have @domain?

From my testing I came across the following:

1. endpoint 11111@xxx.com dials 12345 -> the destination becomes 12345@xxx.com automatically

2. endpoint 22222@yyy.com dials 12345 -> the destination becomes 12345@yyy.com automatically

I suppose what I am asking is, does VCS automatically append the domain name based on the domain name in the endpoint's alias?

regards

Chenzhe

Hello Chenzhe,

it depends how is your transformation rule is done.

What you have on Pattern behavior?

In my case I have Pattern behavior - Replace and then Replace string is \1@domain.

Paulo Ferreira

Hi Paulo,

I have exactly the same configuration - Replace and then replace string is \1@xxx.com. but still when an endpoint (22222@yyy,com) dials 12345, the destination becomes 12345@yyy.com instead of the desired 12345@xxx.com. Also when I disable the transform rule, the call would still proceed, as if the transform does not take effect at all.

regards

Chenzhe

Can anyone shed some light please? Thanks!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: