cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VCS Traversal Zones

Gordon Ross
Level 9
Level 9

I have a VCS-C and a VCS-X (V8.5) They are configured with a UC Traversal zone for connecting my CUCM cluster (10.5) to the outside world for Jabber.

Can I use this same traversal zone to enable calling ad-hoc SIP/H.323 endpoints on the Internet, or do I need another traversal zone, or even another VCS-C/VCS-E setup?

GTG

Please rate all helpful posts.
7 Replies 7

Paul Stojanovski
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Gordon,

Use another Traversal Zone for B2B calls. Leave the UC Traversal for the Jabber clients registering through the Edge. The UC Traversal doesn't even allow you to enable H.323.

I hope this helps!

-P

But how do the VCSs differentiate between a UC Traversal connection and a non-UC Traversal  connection? Do you have to use different ports or is there some "magic" under the hood?

GTG

Please rate all helpful posts.

Gordon,

1) On the VCS Control you would create a Traversal Client zone.

2) On the VCS Expressway you would create a Traversal Server zone.

3) On the zones you would use a different port than the UC Traversal.

If you created the UC Traversal it has probably defaulted to 7001. When you create the Traversal Client/Traversal Server you can use the next port up, 7002.

-P

Hi Paul,

I cannot create Traversal Server zone on the VCS Expressway, why??

Thank you.

Mario

Are you sure your VCS has the expressway or "Traversal Server" option key installed?

At the top of the VCS webpage, does it say "Video Communication Server Expressway"?

Hi Patrick,

How can I enable VCS-E features? 
At the top of VCS webpage, it says "Video Communication Server Control".

How should I download the option key?

Thank you!!

Mario

If you haven't done so already, you'll need to purchase the option key, VCS Expressway product.

If you have already purchased it, you should have received the option key via email.  You could try and look it up in the Cisco License Portal > Get Other Licenses > TelePresence License to Resend.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: