Views
Helpful
Replies

vcs upgrade question

Chet Cronin
Level 4
Level 4

Running VCSC x8.8.2

I plan to upgrade to 12.5.6 and need to know if I can run the 12.5.6 upgrade file directly or do I have to increment from x8.8.2 and if so what firmware version should I use ???  

Also on another note I have an old VCSC running x8.5.1 and I will need to upgrade that one to twelve also but I am conerned about the config on it ..    I have a ton of search rules and zones on that one..   

My plan is to restore the config to a VCSC that is on x8.8.2  and then upgrade to 12 ??? 

Open to recommendations :) 

Chet Cronin
3 Replies 3

Anurag Srivastava1
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hello,

Please go through the release notes before upgrading to 12.5 (under section " Upgrading to X12.5.6")

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/expressway/release_note/Cisco-Expressway-Release-Note-X12-5-6.pdf

So for 8.8.2 one you can directly upgrade but for 8.5.1 it will be two stage upgrade.

Please take you config backup before you upgrade.

Thanks

Please rate if it is helpful and mark as accepted solution if applicable...

Thanks
Please rate if it is helpful and mark as accepted solution if applicable....

Thank you for the timely response. 

What do you mean by two stage for x8.8.2  ???   I went thru the release notes and didn't see or I missed it. ?? 

Agree big time about taking a back up. 

Any lessons learned would be appreciated ??? 

Chet Cronin

Hello Chet

No,for 8.8.2 one you can directly upgrade as per the release notes and if you are doing 12.5.6 you will not require a release key as well for 12.5.

I wrote two step for VCS8.5.1 as mentioned in release notes.

I don't think there should be any issue but please go through the upgrade section in release notes once and see if you are missing something for your deployment.

Thanks

Please rate if it is helpful and mark as accepted solution if applicable..

Thanks
Please rate if it is helpful and mark as accepted solution if applicable....