Views
Helpful
Replies

VCS Uppdate to X8.2.1 or X7.2.3

draach-85
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everybody,

yesterday I updated two VCS-Control and two VCS-Expressway. One pair from X7.2.2 to X7.2.3 and one from X8.1 to X8.1.1. On the VCS-Control everything worked fine, but on both VCS-E update I ran into "problems":

The Update cleared some configurations or set them to the default configuration. For example the DefaultSubzone on the VCS-Expressway was resetted, all links, Zones (except the Default Zone) an IP Routes were deleted, call policy mode was set to off and so on.

On the second device I tried to save a backup befor updating and restore it after. But that don't work because of the different versions. So I think at the moment the VCS-Expressway has to be manually checked and reconfigured after the update.

Anyone had the same experience (or other)?

3 Replies 3

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Yesterday I did half a dozen VCS-Controls and an Expressway Cluster - all to X7.2.3 (from X7.2.2) and didn't have any issues such as you're mentioning - the upgrades all went smoothly with no issues or config changes required.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Hello Wayne,

I need to upgrade a VCS Control and an Expressway cluster from X7.2.2 to X7.2.3 and I want to know which is the procedure for this minor version upgrade or where I can find it.

Thanks in advance.

Doing a "minor" upgrade is pretty much the same as doing a "major" upgrade - the steps are the similar either way.

It's pretty much a follow the prompts setup:

1. Download the Software
  2. Log in to Web Interface of VCS
  3. Navigate to Maintenance -> Upgrade
  4. Make a System Backup
  5. Browse to the folder/file you downloaded in Step 1
  6. Release Key is unnecessary for a minor upgrade (but is for a major upgrade)
  7. Press the Upgrade Button
  8. Wait while the file uploads / uncompresses
  9. Press the "Continue with upgrade" button if you want to go ahead (or Abort if you don't)
  10. Wait while the software installs
  11. Reboot System

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.