Views
Helpful
Replies

VCS Uppdate to X8.2.1 or X7.2.3

draach-85
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everybody,

yesterday I updated two VCS-Control and two VCS-Expressway. One pair from X7.2.2 to X7.2.3 and one from X8.1 to X8.1.1. On the VCS-Control everything worked fine, but on both VCS-E update I ran into "problems":

The Update cleared some configurations or set them to the default configuration. For example the DefaultSubzone on the VCS-Expressway was resetted, all links, Zones (except the Default Zone) an IP Routes were deleted, call policy mode was set to off and so on.

On the second device I tried to save a backup befor updating and restore it after. But that don't work because of the different versions. So I think at the moment the VCS-Expressway has to be manually checked and reconfigured after the update.

Anyone had the same experience (or other)?

3 Replies 3

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Yesterday I did half a dozen VCS-Controls and an Expressway Cluster - all to X7.2.3 (from X7.2.2) and didn't have any issues such as you're mentioning - the upgrades all went smoothly with no issues or config changes required.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Hello Wayne,

I need to upgrade a VCS Control and an Expressway cluster from X7.2.2 to X7.2.3 and I want to know which is the procedure for this minor version upgrade or where I can find it.

Thanks in advance.

Doing a "minor" upgrade is pretty much the same as doing a "major" upgrade - the steps are the similar either way.

It's pretty much a follow the prompts setup:

1. Download the Software
  2. Log in to Web Interface of VCS
  3. Navigate to Maintenance -> Upgrade
  4. Make a System Backup
  5. Browse to the folder/file you downloaded in Step 1
  6. Release Key is unnecessary for a minor upgrade (but is for a major upgrade)
  7. Press the Upgrade Button
  8. Wait while the file uploads / uncompresses
  9. Press the "Continue with upgrade" button if you want to go ahead (or Abort if you don't)
  10. Wait while the software installs
  11. Reboot System

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: