Views
Helpful
Replies

VCS - VCSE sense

sterdnotshaken
Level 1
Level 1

Hey There,

So I have been given the mandiate to get our VCSE to talk and work fully with our VCS... and to do so in 1 day, oh and by the way, I have no idea what I am doing .... I have got the vcse general config done with IP and such and VCS and VCSE can ping eachother, so we are good up to L3. Can someone out there be so kind as to explain the basic steps of making these things work together? I have created a client traversal zone on vcs control for vcse and a server traversal zone on vcse for vcs... But the VCS is posting the message: "SIP: Unknown" and VCSE is showing "failed"... I setup a search rule on each and associated it with the zone pointing to the other with pretty much everything matching... Alas, they are claiming they are not talking.

Here are some general questions:

Should I make the VCS and VCSE a cluster? and why? Can I do what I need to without the cluster config?

We have TMS, is it requisite to get VCSE to connect to TMS? and if so, how is this done?

I appreciate your kind help!

Steve

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Check out:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/vcs/config_guide/Cisco_VCS_Basic_Configuration_Control_with_Expressway_Deployment_Guide_X7-2.pdf

And the other information avaiable via:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps11337/tsd_products_support_series_home.html

Check that your firewal is open and that you do not have any nat-helper, alg or other features enabled on the router/firewall.

You find a firewal info on the cisco doc site as well.

The destination port of the tcp packet shall be 7001 (or what ever is configured on the VCS-C and -E.

the source port does not really matter and if its behind nat can even have changed.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

View solution in original post

Tomonori Taniguchi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Here is basic configuration for traversal link between VCS Expressway and VCS Control.

VCS Control

• Create zone (traversal client) and configured connection credentials (username and password) and H.323/SIP port (default is 6001 for H.323 and 7001 for SIP).
  • Add VCS Expressway IP address in Location-Peer x address in traversal client zone.
  • Create search rule and pointing to VCS Expressway traversal zone.

VCS Expressway

• Create authenticate user in local database (same as what you have configured as connection credentials on VCS Control).
  • Create zone (traversal server) with “Username” that configured as connection credentials on VCS Control.
  • Configure same H.323/SIP port number that configured on VCS Control (and protocol).
  • Create search rule and pointing to VCS Control traversal zone.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

sterdnotshaken
Level 1
Level 1

OK, so the VCS & VCSE show the Client(VCS) & Server(VCSE) traversal zones as active, but the VCSE shows active but warning... I set the SIP port on both for 7001, but the VCSE see's the VCS connections over 25880 instead of 7001...? Any ideas?

Check out:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/vcs/config_guide/Cisco_VCS_Basic_Configuration_Control_with_Expressway_Deployment_Guide_X7-2.pdf

And the other information avaiable via:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps11337/tsd_products_support_series_home.html

Check that your firewal is open and that you do not have any nat-helper, alg or other features enabled on the router/firewall.

You find a firewal info on the cisco doc site as well.

The destination port of the tcp packet shall be 7001 (or what ever is configured on the VCS-C and -E.

the source port does not really matter and if its behind nat can even have changed.

Tomonori Taniguchi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Here is basic configuration for traversal link between VCS Expressway and VCS Control.

VCS Control

• Create zone (traversal client) and configured connection credentials (username and password) and H.323/SIP port (default is 6001 for H.323 and 7001 for SIP).
  • Add VCS Expressway IP address in Location-Peer x address in traversal client zone.
  • Create search rule and pointing to VCS Expressway traversal zone.

VCS Expressway

• Create authenticate user in local database (same as what you have configured as connection credentials on VCS Control).
  • Create zone (traversal server) with “Username” that configured as connection credentials on VCS Control.
  • Configure same H.323/SIP port number that configured on VCS Control (and protocol).
  • Create search rule and pointing to VCS Control traversal zone.

sterdnotshaken
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks guy's! I really appreciate the very helpful info!

You are welcome, thank you for the feedback!

Good success with your installation.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: