cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VCS virtualization

SCS.ServiceDesk
Level 1
Level 1

We have a client with a hardware VCSc that I am struggling to virtualize. The hardware has just ran out of support and I am going round the houses with our supplier to get pricing

I know its free to virtualise using R-VMVCS-C-M-K9 but when I provide the new virtual serial number to our supplier, they say Cisco don't recognize this so i cant get a quote to support.

Does any one have any suggestions?

Thanks

5 Replies 5

Gregory Brunn
Spotlight
Spotlight

I deal with this often. Just escalate it via GLO with and bring in your cisco account manager. It is a zero dollar Part number to get the physical to virtual license. Glo often doesn't understand it.

Glo= licensing@cisco.com

I think I was able to do this via the software central portal once, but rediscover the process everytime I do it.

Part # R-VMVCS-E-M-K9 For HW Migration to E-Delivery Virtual VCS Expressway Only would need to be purchased.  Do you have an active contract on the hardware?

It looks like it might not be zero dollar, based on my last project there was a cost associated with it. Could have sworn it was zero dollar at one point. I know I had a cisco account manager over ride that charge once.

Hi Gregory

No, that's the problem! We did but its taken that long to process with our supplier here in the UK that it is now out of support.

Thanks
Helen

Bring your Cisco Account manager into the mix. Explain this to them. They should be able to correct the issue your supplier created.

https://community.cisco.com/t5/collaboration-voice-and-video/cisco-vcs-to-unified-communications-license-migration-program/ta-p/3619219/page/2

Not sure how your making out but this should help you.

In ccw R-VCS2EXPWY-E-K9    should be zero dollar.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: