cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VCS x7.2 log levels - changed ?

Jens Didriksen
Level 9
Level 9

Prior to upgrading to x7.2 I could set the log levels varying from 1 (least verbose) to 4 (most verbose), where "4' would give me all the call details - which is what I need - whereas after upgrading to x7.2 all I get is the equivalent of "1" - which is not very helpful at all.

Did I miss something - or is this a bug ?

Edit: looks like it's a bug, so guess I'll be downgrading to x7.1

cheers jens

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Jens,

I've reproduced this and raised a bug. Once it finds it's way in to CDETS I'll make the number available. I've also had a quick chat to the developers about it.

Thanks,

Guy

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Alok Jaiswal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Jens,

I am getting the call details as well. see the below. i am also getting messages related to provisioning and syncing operation between the VCS and TMSPE.

cheers

Alok

Hi Jens,

You saw there is also a bug related to X7.2 not showing call detail records in TMS?

So if its TMS not showing the logs, its not related to any log levels on the VCS.

Where do you look, in the logfiles on the filesystem of the vcs, syslog or the webinterface like Alok.

Do you have an example of x7.1 vs. x7.2 and what you lack (and maybe how you use it?)

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

No, I think you guys have misunderstood me, I'm not talking about "regular" event log" per see, nor CDR in TMS.

When you look at either active calls, or call history on the VCS status, there is the option to view call summary, and on that page you have the options to:

"View media statistics for this call"

"View all details of this call"

"View search details of this call" and the most important one of all (at least for me)

"View all events assoiciated with this call" - which gives you all call details including H.225, Q.931, H.245 signalling etc etc etc

This level of information depends on what the log level has been set as; from 1 to 4 (least to most verbose), depending on how deep you want to get into the call - at least it did prior to x7.2.

I could in x7.2, only get the very basic call information regardless of what the log level has been set to.

I've just downgraded to x7.1 again and the call event log is now back to normal, giving me all the info I need, which happens to be level 4 (most verbose).

/jens

Hi Jens,

Could you post examples of the output from X7.1 and X7.2 and what setting you are changing to change the log level. Then I'll go talk to the developers about it and report back.

Cheers,

Guy

Log level is set here:

I normally leave this as 4 as I need the details this setting gives me.

Example below of call with log level set to 4 in x7.1 - this is also what I expected to see in x7.2.

Call made with log level set to 1 in x7.1 - this is also all I get in x7.2 with log level set to 4, what I should see is the equivalent detail as above.

/jens

Hi Jens,

I've reproduced this and raised a bug. Once it finds it's way in to CDETS I'll make the number available. I've also had a quick chat to the developers about it.

Thanks,

Guy

Thanks Guy, that is very much appreciated.

I've downgraded to x7.1 as those logs are invaluable to me, the VCS-E one in particular.

cheers jens

No problem, CDETs is CSCuc13370

Brilliant

/jens

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: