cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VCS x7 with B2BUA - Lync 2010

lucioftorres
Level 1
Level 1

I´d like to know which is the best way to register Lync server to VCS x702?

I try to use B2BUA, but the status in the zone shows "SIP: Failed to connect to (vcs_ip):65070 : Connect failed

And the status of B2BUA application :"The VCS is not connected to the B2BUA service"

When I try to create a zone "neighbor" using TLS option, I can call E20 by my Lync client, but when I try to call Lync by my E20 don´t work.

Thanks.

15 Replies 15

awinter2
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Lucio,

if you haven't already, please check out the OCS/Lync deployment guide for the VCS, available at

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps11337/products_installation_and_configuration_guides_list.html.

This guide contains detailed instructions on how to configure the VCS to integrate with OCS/Lync using the B2BUA on the VCS.

- Andreas

Hi Andreas, thank you for the update.

I already have read this guide... but when I activated the B2BUA the service doesn´t start...

FindME feature is a prerequisite to have B2BUA enabled ?

Thanks.

Hi Lucio,

FindMe is not required for using B2BUA.

Could you please post a screenshot from the Status > Applications > OCS/Lync B2BUA page on the VCS, as well as a screenshot from Edit Zone page for the 'To Microsoft OCS/Lync server via B2BUA' neighbor zone on your VCS?

- Andreas

Andreas,

follow the screenshots..

Lucio,

has the IP address of this VCS been changed recently? Can you confirm that 10.10.40.101 is the current IP address of the VCS?

Can you confirm that Applications > B2BUA > Microsoft OCS/Lync > Configuration > Microsoft OCS/Lync B2BUA is set to 'Enabled'?

Can you try to restart the VCS to see if this corrects the issue?

- Andreas

Andreas,

This is the current and without change IP from VCS...

I already restared the VCS... the same status.

Upgrading to x703 could be the a possible solution ?

Thanks

Lucio,

can you also please post a screenshot of the 'Advanced settings' section on the B2BUA page?

Specifically, is 'Port on B2BUA for VCS communications' and '

Port on B2BUA for OCS/Lync call communications' set to their defaults of 65070 and 65072, respectively?

- Andreas

Andreas,

Yes they are set to default ports.

It seems like all of your settings are correct. This should work just fine on X7.0.2, but I guess you could try upgrading to X7.1 to see if this makes any difference.

If upgrading does not help or if you're not able to upgrade, I would recommend you get a TAC case opened so that logs can be collected from your VCS.

- Andreas

Thank you Andreas... there are any recomendations regarding to upgrade to 7.1 ?

Lucio,

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by recommendations, but the X7.1 release notes contain instructions on the upgrade procedure as well as details on new features and resolved issues in X7.1.

Hope this helps.

Thank you for your support Andreas. I´ll check the release notes.

Hi Andreas,

The problem with B2BUA service is ok now. I upgraded to vesion to x7.1 with TAC Support and the problem was solved.

Now the B2BUA is with this status (see image)

Any idea ???

Lucio,

it's difficult to say exactly what is causing the "Unknown failure" towards Lync, but it could be related to Lync not trusting the VCS or network issues.

I would suggest you keep working with TAC to get the issue resolved, as this will require taking logs from your VCS.

- Andreas