cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VCSC down but needs to do mutisite calls through mcu

eaniefiok
Level 1
Level 1

hello i have an environment with 5 VC kits along with 4505 mcu, vcsc and tms , my VC kits are all unisite so are tied to the mcu for mutisite calls routing through the VCS-C and monitored from the tms. while on a call my VCS-C went dead and that affected my E164 and sip dial plans so i had to move the 5 vc kits to direct calling rather than connecting via the gatekeeper. this have been able to achieve in doing P2P but when i tried doing multisite calls after i had moved my VC kits to IP so that i can achieve the multisite calls when booked from the tms but that didnt work, information from the tms shows calls initiated, calls connecting,active calls {0 of 5}. am sure there is a work around that can be achieved, pls anyone out there with a solution? might even have to attached the config files of the kits in question if requested for . thanks

1 Reply 1

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I don't know exactly how to approach this, it's never happened to me.  Off the top of my head, what if you configure the MCU to not use the VCS, and configure TMS to have the MCU dial out to the endpoints directly via IP address.  Within TMS, you'd edit the settings of the MCU, and at the bottom under "TMS Scheduling Settings" deselect everything but "Allow Outgoing IP Address Dialing".

Suggest you move this thread to the TelePresence section of the forums where these devices are actively discussed.  You can move the thread by editing it and changing the categories at the bottom of the page.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: